swap issues

81mercury

well i have been working on swapping an 84 turbo coupe driveline into my fox body and have ran into alot of problems with it, as of right now it seems to be fuel related somewere between the eec and the injectors...heres my post off another forum with 2 videos of it running included, it idles fine around 1300 rpm but if you go to give it any gas at all it falls on its face and dies no matter what you do unless you spray gas into the intake or you hook and unhook the power to the fuel pump making it pulsate like the injectors should...any help? :confused:

its an 88 mustang factory 2.3 n/a car with the motor and trans out of an 84 turbo coupe(was in an 87 but was verifyed a rebuilt 84) its got the small vam wired in using the diagram on stinger performance and the vacuum diagram is from flemworld, it starts and idles fine but if you try to throttle it at all it dies off unless you spray gas into the intake. it carrys 40 lbs of fuel pressure at idle and uses 30lb injectors.. whats wrong with it :shrug:

well now that it has a brand new tps and iac im ****ing lost it still does the same thing, idles fine for a while then runs rough and dies or if you give it any throttle at all it dies....see videos :thumbsdown1::

someone tell me whats wrong with this damned thing

close to yanking it back out in favor of a carbed 306 Heres a link to the build thread on toledotuners.com. hopefully you can see it without being a member http://www.toledotuners.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=31656&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

He will actually be posting replys in his build thread, but I can copy and paste them in here when I have an opportunity since I work all day

:D it turned out to be a 20 dollar fuel pressure regulator, i had already fixed the vam wiring just after the i took the video, now i need to find a set of injectors for it, it floods at idle but runs fine from 2000 rpm and up now

what size are you looking for?

I have16's 19's 24's and I think derek still has a set of 50's

i need 30's thats what the stock eec is set up for in this car :) i emailed a guy today about sending them out to be repaired and flowed...16 bucks an injector vs 80 a peice new