To sell or not to sell?

6 Speed S4

So today I was driving the talon to the junk yard to get a few small things such as parking lights and a new headlight motor, on the way home 4th gear completely went out, when you shift into 4th and let out the clutch and give it just the slightest amount of gas it pops into neutral, 5th gear grinds if you shift hard into it. If you go in easy with it it does not grind. Im guessing I need a new tranny or syncros. Anyone know where I can get this fixed fairly cheap or should I just part the car out and sell the shell? Its a 91 TSI AWD 5 speed btw. I don't want to spend a ton of money on my beater car. The good thing though is the motor has 30K miles on the rebuild, new transfer case, new battery and plugs and wires.

Sell it and buy a gt28 for the A4!

The A4 is getting a VR6-T swap once I move out to Arizona in 3 months haha :)

Rebuild it or pick up a newer one with less miles.

any idea on pricing? Whether I have a shop do it or just buy a used tranny thats in decent shape?

It cost me $600(for a fwd) to be rebuilt w/synchros and such years ago, I'm sure someone on here could do it for less than that. You may stumble on a newer one with less miles in good shape for a couple hundred, only bad thing is the unknown if anything is wrong with it unless you tear it apart.

Just saw someone is parting out a 2g awd in the Swap Meet, AFAIK the 2g trannies are pretty much identical and should work, see if he has it.