C16 in a non catted car.

thorne

You have no need to run C16 in your car. If you are still on stock turbo/compression then it would be way overkill.

To answer your question, when I run 110 leaded in my car, it will cause my bosch wideband o2 to get out of wack within one tank.

Thought the same thing. I also remember you mentioning that about your WB. You should run the lowest octane you can run safely. Lower octane actually burns hotter (or whatever, not trying to teach a course here). If I werre to run c16 in my car with the boost set as low as it is currently, I would probably lose power. lol

Yes but I don't have a stock turbo and I know I can coax another lb or 2 out of the car.

I can run 110 also I just thought c16 was the one everyone used. Worst case I will just run 100octane. My main reason for higher octane is just to get a little more timing/boost out of it.

Just have a water/methanol injection kit installed and you won't have to worry about running race gas.

Until you tank runs out every 5mins...

Or it runs out and you dont know it...

I have thought about it and it just doesnt add up. I'd rather buy a 55 gallon barrel drum of Torco 110 and know I have the octane.

I have run Torco and C12 in my car and My AEM gauge is still on point from last year. Along with my Current 02 sensors on the car, However I do change them once a year even if not faulty;)

And seeing how c16 is a lil more than 13.99 a gallon That would be really exspesive to run everyweekend.

So, you can make sure you have racing gas in your car when you want to play, but can't make sure the tank with methanol is full. They also come with sensors that will let you know if the tank is empty. You must not know how the kits work.

Running C16 (or other high octane equivalents) in a car without altering the tune will produce bad results. You will lose power. You need to be able to advance the ignition time accordingly to burn the gas. (There are other factors too that determine ignition advance beyond just octane rating).

If the car is stockish in nature and your only trying to turn the wick up a tad then I would say that C16 is overkill. I would just throw some Cam2 in it.

Leaded gas will kill the Bosch sensor quickly. The best thing you can do is drain the gas when your done (if possible) and run pump back through it so that you aren't mixing the gas back up for a longer period of time. Also, sensor placement plays a large role in longevity. The closer to the turbo the quicker it dies. If you have it downstream (like where the rear O2 normally sits) then it will last a long time.

No you will not gain any power from higher octane gas unless your car is tuned for it. It might help it run a little smoother if you have alot of knock but wont give you any power

Read my VF39 thread. I tune subbies on the side.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50154

More octane = Leaner and More timing.

Timing = power

;) I got a tune called balls out I'm going to test at the track. I'm going to run 100 octane most likely I'm sure I can add a little more timing. At the very least it will help with knock under heat soak.