Small crack in 1998 WS6 Dash

clayton006

Well this sucks. I sat something in my passengers side seat and it was touching the dash. Well I didn't know how sharp it was and it put a little crack to the right of the airbag in the car. I was wanting to know if anyone knew how to fix this or who to take it to.

I'm not opposed to replacing the dash later, or even putting vinyl on it. Just trying to see my options. I pushed in what was sticking out and it doesn't look too bad. I'm just a little crazy about the car.

If anyone ends up buying this from me I'll be lowering the asking price down after this (before its fixed).

Guest mrhobbz
Could try glassing it and, sanding and painting but at that point you'd probably already have the dash out of the car and it might be more time efficient to replace it :)

Guest mrhobbz
Can you do that with a plastic dash? Yea at that point I'd probably be re-doing it in vinyl or replacing it.

Fiberglass will generally bond with anything, If you are using a vinyl dash cover I wouldn't even worry about it.

Guest mrhobbz
Well not sure if I am going to yet. Just trying to see if anyone knows of a shop that would help with this or is able to give some honest advice without taking my money and running with it.

I don't know of a shop that will do dash repairs, may want to find some custom audio/body/interior shop. Theres one that is down by cooper stadium that is on the radio all the time, they might do it.

Guest mrhobbz
Would be cheaper and easier to just replace the dash. If Cracks were cheap to fix everyone and there mother would be getting them fixed via a shop and not just replacing the dash itself.

troof.

Guest GMoney
There is a shop in dublin on post road or in that area. My friend took his brand new M3 there with the same problem, i don't know the cost but it is perfect and you can't tell. I think are normally a very high end body shop.

I had to replace my dash pad a month ago and found NOS ones on ebay, cheaper than what the dealer wanted for a new one. Is this Clayton that went to Devry? I noticed the Formula convertible...

Yup that's me who's this lol?

EDIT: Oh hey Chad what's up!

Yup that's me who's this lol?

EDIT: Oh hey Chad what's up!

Yeah, Chad, remember the teal 94 firebird, it's long gone, I've moved up and it looks like you have too. How have you been? I'm now working at Huntington in an IT area, what about you?