windows vista

Orion

DJ it fucking blows, I even have SP1 loaded, it crashes everytime I go to load Office 2007 Standard. I have a ATI Radeon 9700 in my machine and well Apparently Vista hates that card. It's like Microsoft has gone back to the old days of windows 98 and it's video card driver problems....

I'm buying a mac soon, after I do, I'm going to go "office space" on my vista machine in a vacant lot somewhere.

I've had just the opposite reaction. Vista SP1 is faster than XP SP2 in most every game atm. System is rock solid with no application bugs or issues and it seems to multi-task better imo. I will say, if you are not running very recent hardwarde, it may not be the best of experiences, IE: a radeon 9700........but those who are not using dinosaurs will thoroughly enjoy the experience.

I had Vista on my laptop. It crashed using pretty much every program that I wanted to use from XP. Compatability mode wasnt worth a shit either. In addition, it used 1 gig of ram at IDLE. IDLE for christ sake!

Fuck that noise, I formatted it and put XP on. 413 mb / 2 gb at idle with a bunch of shit running in the background.

I just installed vista on my macbook as I need a windows operating system so I can run my AEM tuning software. I've never been so lost and confused before (being a mac user for many years doesn't help). A family member had a vista basic CD sitting around so I just used it. It sucks having a 2nd operating system on a computer just for tuning.

Space Ghost, you'll be very happy with a mac.

Guest mrhobbz
I just installed vista on my macbook as I need a windows operating system so I can run my AEM tuning software. I've never been so lost and confused before (being a mac user for many years doesn't help). A family member had a vista basic CD sitting around so I just used it. It sucks having a 2nd operating system on a computer just for tuning.

Virtual machine? :)

Macs come preloaded with boot camp now, so you just throw in a windows operating system cd and go. It's very simple. I just hate having to format 30gigs of my hd for an operating system just to run 1 program on.

I also run parallels so I can be running both operating systems at the same time in different windows.

IMO nothing compares to OS X Leopard.

Guest mrhobbz
Macs come preloaded with boot camp now, so you just throw in a windows operating system cd and go. It's very simple. I just hate having to format 30gigs of my hd for an operating system just to run 1 program on.

I also run parallels so I can be running both operating systems at the same time in different windows.

IMO nothing compares to OS X Leopard.

Ah didn't know it was coming standard now, haven't touched much on any mac shit since pre-osx really :)

I would however highly disagree on nothing comparing to OS X :) Think about what its based off of :)

Ah didn't know it was coming standard now, haven't touched much on any mac shit since pre-osx really :)

I would however highly disagree on nothing comparing to OS X :) Think about what its based off of :)

What is it based off?

Never, in my 5 years of owning macs have I ever had even a minor problem with an operating system. The simplicity and capabilities of OS X Leopard are incredible.

me owning a mac fits right in with this place. I don't own an LSX so I guess I don't need to own a PC.

Does that mean I have to go buy a Mac? Or should I go buy an older DOS Apple since I have a Mustang and the owners don't usually have computers?

I've got a Mac at work 8xWay Xeon (Suck it) I love OSX I still have to run vmware with a windows install to meet the requirements of my job. But I do love Mac and Linux.

At Home I run XP and Vista depending on the machine. I also run windows 2003 and 2 linux servers. Each has there place.

drives working just fine, thank you chris.

here my specs, (jones would know, he pretty much built it for me)

pentium d805 dual core, 3.4 ghz

2 gigs of ram

nvidia 8800gtx

three 250gb hdd's striped together

everything about my system seems slower than before. even my web surfing has gotten slower. i will say this, my desktop is a lot prettier (:rolleyes:)

My preference in order of best to worst

Unix (any flavor)

OS X

Windows XP

Windows 2000

Windows 2003

Vista is not on my list for the simple fact that I bought a Microsoft Zune and plugging it in with the USB wire does not read the device. I've heard on my friend's machine the same problem but his said it was not a microsoft device (makes no sense). I don't know maybe my USB controller on my motherboard is on crack. It is a VIA chipset...

My preference in order of best to worst

Unix (any flavor)

OS X

Windows XP

Windows 2000

Windows 2003

Vista is not on my list for the simple fact that I bought a Microsoft Zune and plugging it in with the USB wire does not read the device. I've heard on my friend's machine the same problem but his said it was not a microsoft device (makes no sense). I don't know maybe my USB controller on my motherboard is on crack. It is a VIA chipset...

I use a Zune on my Vista pc, and it recognizes it perfectly.

BTW, my pc now boots from a dead start to idle in under 30 seconds. :cool: