Fuckin' Terrorists

SpaceGhost

I'm picking up my wife at the airport, her flight is a little late and I have to wait at Mickey Ds. :mad: I miss the days when you could wait at the curb. 3 security guys are not letting anyone even slow down. They already won. :mad:

I'm picking up my wife at the airport, her flight is a little late and I have to wait at Mickey Ds. :mad: I miss the days when you could wait at the curb. 3 security guys are not letting anyone even slow down. They already won. :mad:

Most airports I've been to do not let people wait for others or leave their cars in the pickup area. If for nothing else, because everyone would want to park there and clutter it up. For the airport here in Cbus, I just drive through the parking area and then immediately turn left, wait at the stop sign until someone's behind me, and drive thru it again. Went through their like 10times last time. "Look kids! Big Ben, Parliament!" <--(Guess the reference. ;) )

Most airports I've been to do not let people wait for others or leave their cars in the pickup area. If for nothing else, because everyone would want to park there and clutter it up. For the airport here in Cbus, I just drive through the parking area and then immediately turn left, wait at the stop sign until someone's behind me, and drive thru it again. Went through their like 10times last time. "Look kids! Big Ben, Parliament!" <--(Guess the reference. ;) )

93 Octane is almost $4 a gal, I'm not driving in circles. I use to just sit in my car listen to music and wait for my wife at the pickup area give her a kiss and ask how her flight was, did this all the time before 9/11/2001. Now if I get out of the car and we take a few extra minutes you have a guy with a badge tell us to "move along". There were 2 other cars picking people up, it wasn't busy.

Everything has changed, we live in a police state now. We have to have a passport to go to canada, what's next passport for interstate travel? Homeland security can tap your phone for no reason, read your e-mail. I have nothing to hide but there is no privacy anymore. I was in a lecture last friday given by Dr. David J. Staley of the Columbus Futurists and a Prof. at THE Ohio State University. He was speaking about some new technologies that may be comming. One of wich is a GPS tracking device to be implanted in children when they are born. The future is very scary.

And when i talk about this shit people tell me I'm paranoid and if I have nothing to hide why am I worried.

Please, :rolleyes: my post above is a far cry from your posts, I haven't said anything personal. I have been thinking about how less free we are as a nation lately. And that dude's speech was scary.

Last I heard they were in the proccess of building a lot to let people park and wait.

93 Octane is almost $4 a gal, I'm not driving in circles. I use to just sit in my car listen to music and wait for my wife at the pickup area give her a kiss and ask how her flight was, did this all the time before 9/11/2001. Now if I get out of the car and we take a few extra minutes you have a guy with a badge tell us to "move along". There were 2 other cars picking people up, it wasn't busy.

Everything has changed, we live in a police state now. We have to have a passport to go to canada, what's next passport for interstate travel? Homeland security can tap your phone for no reason, read your e-mail. I have nothing to hide but there is no privacy anymore. I was in a lecture last friday given by Dr. David J. Staley of the Columbus Futurists and a Prof. at THE Ohio State University. He was speaking about some new technologies that may be comming. One of wich is a GPS tracking device to be implanted in children when they are born. The future is very scary.

I completely agree with you here.

Last I heard they were in the proccess of building a lot to let people park and wait.

That would be fine if it is accessible from baggage claim, so you can walk out to it and locate the person/persons picking you up. And by accessible I mean connected and enclosed with heat and AC to Baggage claim. Nothing is worse in winter than walking outside to get to your ride after you just came from sunny Florida or a warmer climate.

I used to get kinda pissed when I'd come home for mid-tour leave from Iraq in uniform, and was told to almost take all my clothes off. I made quite a stint one time, but had a full bird Colonel behind me keep me from gettin taken off to the back room with the police. Fuckin TSC cock suckers can lick my balls.

That would be fine if it is accessible from baggage claim, so you can walk out to it and locate the person/persons picking you up. And by accessible I mean connected and enclosed with heat and AC to Baggage claim. Nothing is worse in winter than walking outside to get to your ride after you just came from sunny Florida or a warmer climate.

no its out just past Mcdonalds. If your that worried about gas maybe you should have drover her car. :)

And when i talk about this shit people tell me I'm paranoid and if I have nothing to hide why am I worried.

I think there is a quote that goes along with this. Something something "those who are willing to trade liberty for safety deserve neither" something something.

I see that happening all the time, my wifes flight was a hour late too. Hell I'm a cheap date, 2 tall Black and Tans at BW3s and I have some thick beer goggles on. 5 and I would have make her drive home. :)

Them black velvets (aka snake bite etc) really sneak up on you. Guiness goodness with woodchuck yummmmm.