CR Newbie POS

72POS

Well if anyone went to NTR yesterday for the CR day, this is our POS

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh303/72POS/POS/poswheelsup.jpg

We had a ball, and just wanted to say hi to everyone. And thank CR for sponsoring the event. Did get to meet several members as well... A couple people were worried that the POS's uglyness might rub off on them.. :D

I was the short little bald headed fellow helping my buddy with the AMX tune on it.. It was there first time out this year, they made lots of improvements from last years outing..

anyway... Hey everyone, come on out to NTR on friday May 23rd FOR Great AMC Day...

Mike, and the ole Lady's Name is Cindy Lou Who :)

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

One of the neat features about the POS is the fact, that it really does look like a Piece of S--T. :D But it sure doesnt run like a POS. About a year ago i bought the POS from the twin brother of Randy, (Robert) Randy died last March 07 from Cancer, he and his twin brother were Factory backed AMC super stock racers.

I have learnt alot from a few older Super stock racers, Basically the burnout style, and shifting styles. They was alot of very impressive cars at the track yesterday, love the scoops on the SRT's.

I also overheard several people speaking of all the signatures on the POS..

the story behind thos sigs.

When a friend pass's away and you go to the funeral. There is a guest book to sign.. Well last year since Randy died, i purchased the car as a roller with the Jerico. Built a little AMC engine for it,And we made the AMC race tour last year.. that consists of 1 event Around Greenville SC,, Our event GAD at NTR, and we also went to Cecil county MD. and the last AMC event was at cordova Ill. we are also members of a group of stick shifter racers called the UMTR, they have 2 class's street stick, and Quick stick, ANYONE with a stick trans can join in the fun, and the wheels up racing program.

thanks for the cudos and warm welcome folks..

BTW i have also done a little reading here in the oven, and have to agree with someone posting that all a Man(person) has is there word! i agree with that 100%.

a engine shot for those that didnt get to see the AMC engine that is under the hood

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh303/72POS/POS/S7300513.jpg

Hey Jello, I think i came up and spoke with you guys. I was on the white golf cart, with Mike's auto service on it.. I don't know that our car is stupid fast, but i don't consider it stupid slow either ;) I kinda like to think it is faster then it looks tho. And the last pass of the day for me, i had my best 60 foot of the day of a 1.400, but it over powered the track in 2nd gear and i saw both walls. however the car is leaving straight again. I did a few upgrades over the winter time on the chassy, and needed to get a baseline before i start tweaking on the engine for a few more ponies.

the 55 was a bad ass looking ride :thumbup:

Oh ok I do remember you. I thought you were a offical. We couldnt get the timing right on the 55 but it turned out ok on the last pass. These were the brake in runs after the car was put back together. Jack (the little guy) prefers 1/8 mile stuff cause that 55 in extremly shitty aerodynamics wise. He wasnt hooking very well at all either plus he was about 4 tenths off his 1/8 mile time. His final pass he was still running like shit but ran in to the 9.55. motor still needs a lot of work to get it down to were it suppose to be. If you run pacemakers this year we will probably see you. Good talking with ya.

we went up to Pacemakers once last year, Nice track, however the 1st run down the track, i was Very surprised when the lanes narrowed so quickly. Sounds like you guys did very well on the 55 yesterday then. I didnt get a 9.5 pass in, best was 9.7, but spun on the starting line that run. i do know we will be @ Pacemakers on June 14th for a UMTR event.

yeah pacemakers is a little small. They are redoing and now and it should be done here in a week or so I heard. The added poured walls and widened the track back up. They're suppose to be running some Nitro class this year with cars that do the 1/8 in under 4 so it should be exciting.