tucked tire?

AJ

this is from this past weekend at OSU. i think its getting close to the time to upgrade my sway bars or maybe my leaf springs.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/CamaroAJ/corvette/dsc_0224.jpg

Do you currently have any suspension mods on right now? I know on my GTI and for pretty much all cars quality coilovers and rear sway bars work miracles at the track.

the stock suspension works well when the shocks and spring is up graded. its really not worth all the money to get the same performance out of coil overs.

Ben, i am thinking GM T1 sway bar:D

The sway should be legal for ASP. Couldn't tell you what bars work best for your car but if it's for T1 then it sould be good as long as it's adjustable.

Almost forgot.....nice mustang in the background!!! :p

Nevermind, reading owns me.

yeah i'm pretty free on what i can do to my car before i get bumped to SM2. i really could care less what class i'm in as i race against myself to see how fast i can go and everything else takes care of its self.

The sway should be legal for ASP. Couldn't tell you what bars work best for your car but if it's for T1 then it sould be good as long as it's adjustable.

Almost forgot.....nice mustang in the background!!! :p

it is not adjustable. and it does what a mustang does best, sit and do nothing :D

I won't claim to know much about those cars but you may wan't one that is adjustable so you don't end up with something too stiff. If you need suggestions we could get you in touch with Danny Popp as he's an expert on those cars and setting them up.

You should be in sharp turns like that all the time, that looks hot!

its not even a sharp turn, here is the next three in the series. look at the tire contact patch.

http://www.incom-racing.com/images/gallery/OVRAutoX050408/images/dsc_0225.jpg

http://www.incom-racing.com/images/gallery/OVRAutoX050408/target225.html

http://www.incom-racing.com/images/gallery/OVRAutoX050408/target226.html

I won't claim to know much about those cars but you may wan't one that is adjustable so you don't end up with something too stiff. If you need suggestions we could get you in touch with Danny Popp as he's an expert on those cars and setting them up.

already ahead of you

He replaced the Z06’s rear anti-roll bar with a 27mm GM-sourced piece designed for Touring 1-class road racing, though his car retains the stock 30mm front bar. The Z06’s leaf springs, which normally measure 650 lbs./in. at the front and 680 lbs./in. at the rear, have been swapped out with lighter-weight Eckler’s Corvette Performance Fiberglass Composite Leaf Springs: 1000 lbs./in. up front and 680 lbs./in. out back. The composite leaf springs are much more de-arched than their stock counterparts, helping to lower the car. Ankeny Racing revalved the Penske single-adjustable shock absorbers.

http://www.grmotorsports.com/backissues/scca-street-prepared-rules-allow-a-lot-of-leeway.php

Too much lard in the passenger seat???

I'm often cautions at throwing parts at cars especially for autox. I have too often seen folks just put parts on for the sake of putting parts on and not for attempting to get specific results. As long as your going after a specific result and your "parts" should get you that result....do it!

But......as if you need an Accord guy's approval....

Too much lard in the passenger seat???

I'm often cautions at throwing parts at cars especially for autox. I have too often seen folks just put parts on for the sake of putting parts on and not for attempting to get specific results. As long as your going after a specific result and your "parts" should get you that result....do it!

But......as if you need an Accord guy's approval....

the passenger was 120lbs. well ben rode with me once so it was more than that. i know there is alot more that car can do as it sits, hell with some R comps on it she'll do alot more but tires are out of my budget at the moment and my cost on sway bars is a ton cheeper lol.

AJ, looking at those pics you may want to up that tire pressure, looks like you have some rollover and you could wear out the edges prematurely(I speak from experience on the hoosiers on the s2k on this one).

AJ, looking at those pics you may want to up that tire pressure, looks like you have some rollover and you could wear out the edges prematurely(I speak from experience on the hoosiers on the s2k on this one).

it looks worse than it is, i have not gone past the arrows on the side wall only too them. which is what you want, anymore than that then you start to loose grip. i had the guy in the orange Z drop his from 35 to 30 (what GM says to run in the tires) and it knocked a second off his time.