Attn: Lame roll racing types.

kenny

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember riding in kenny's t type. That car skeered the shit outta me. Not because it was "quick" but because it felt like it would flip on its side if you tried to make it turn. Stepping on it caused the car to walk back and forth under boost.

GN FTL

That was only because it needed trailing arm bushings. You picked a bad time to ride in it.

That movement was side to side too, not like a barrel roll. Sissy.

wow,

e-racing with other peoples' cars and talking shit to people (about a car you're claiming you're going to buy)---this thread has everything i ever dreamed of. or, it just reminds me of high school.

that's all,

kirk

wow,

e-racing with other peoples' cars and talking shit to people (about a car you're claiming you're going to buy)---this thread has everything i ever dreamed of. or, it just reminds me of high school.

that's all,

kirk

I'm bored. Talk cyborg to me.

Guest GMoney
This post is so full of fail I don't even know why I'm responding.

First, the word is "their".

Second, they don't have a 7.5" diff. Not even the Turbo Trans Am had a 7.5" diff and it is an F-Body.

Third, the transmission is far from junk. Stock they will live into the 11s, with a real input shaft and forward drum they will live into the 9s.

Sweet, one guy sucks at Buicks so they're all broken. I daily drove an 11 second one for years and never had much issue (aside from some bullshit transmission trouble which turned out to be a bad case, that was a headache).

The game has stepped up? Did you go to the Columbus Racing track day? That was the most painful to watch event I've been to in a long time. Dyno Brian was cleaning house in the 660' with a 170k+ mile STOCK Cobra. The game is the same thing it has always been, a bunch of talkers and very few people that do more than just roll race. Sure, the roll scene has finally picked the mph up but how many have actually been anywhere near the 10s? That said, I'm not shooting for 10s with the next car. I'm also not saying it will be the fastest car on the planet, but it will get busy - count on that.

... and good luck finding a clean one? Like that is hard to do. I've owned two clean ones. The third will hopefully be nicer than both of those.

You're talking to the wrong guy about turbo Regals. Anything else you would like to fail at? Maybe you can tell me about a sweet V8 option GNX that there were only 2 of or some other lame ass story I've heard countless times.

First 8.5" 10 bolt sorry, everyone swaps it to a 12 bolt. You even admit having trans trouble, no even gonna go there again. No V8 GNX there were 547 GNX's built in 87 and that is car that made everyone think that every turbo regal is as fast as those. They were way underated at 276 hp and roughly 350 tq I dont remember exactly. They were 4.5 0-60 the standard GNs and T-Types are not even close to that.

Oh yeah i do love the racing with some one elses car and racing without a car.

:lol:

Who swaps them to a 12 bolt and why?

A STOCK 8.5" 10 bolt will take 1.50 shorts under a 3500lbs car. My old T-Type went 1.47 with over 100k miles on the stock diff. Please, go into detail about the weak point of the 8.5".

... and the racing comment, yeah, I've never owned a fast Buick and know nothing about them. :lol:

The game has stepped up? Did you go to the Columbus Racing track day? That was the most painful to watch event I've been to in a long time. Dyno Brian was cleaning house in the 660' with a 170k+ mile STOCK Cobra. The game is the same thing it has always been, a bunch of talkers and very few people that do more than just roll race. Sure, the roll scene has finally picked the mph up but how many have actually been anywhere near the 10s?

This post is so full of truth it hurts to read. With the exception of maybe 2-3 cars.

This post is so full of truth it hurts to read. With the exception of maybe 2-3 cars.

I may not run 10's but my recolection of said cobra (Sweet looking) was that I won. Do I hope to run 10's Yes, I've built my car in stages just because of money and sadly If I had put as much money as i have in the wrx into say a F-body I would be in the 10's.

But I love my car.

Thorne, its not the fact your car doesn't runs 10's. I think he was referring to that lack of capable drivers on this board. Which is rediculous, I think most people need to learn to drive there car before they mod it. I dropped 7/10s of a second in my car learning to drive it.