MegaSquirt Install help

Oo0martelle0oO

I know a lot of mazda guys use it and you pretty much have to build it yourself?

You don't have to build it yourself, its just cheaper to do that. I suggest going to Megasquirt.info and diyautotune.com and doing a lot of reading.

Some of the cooler things it can do include distributor-less ignition, onboard map sensor (great for ITB conversions), anti-lag, complete custom harness or integration with a stock one, can control everything from fans to nitrous and meth, and the list of addons and applications is nearly endless.

Its being used on lawn mowers, motorcycles, cars, boats, everything!

What time are you free? I have to do some junkyard work sometime and probably some girlfriend stuff on Saturday.

Thanks, but I can't do it this weekend now. Next weekend I'm free Sunday and Monday. I'm gonna have to shoot for then now :( I just wanna get this done.

Here is the diagram I'm using.

http://www.megamanual.com/v22manual/extwir.gif

I get confused with the relays. Then I guess it just a matter of running wires and tuning

Do you plan on running everything from the MS such as fuel pump, ignition, TPS, Fidle or do you plan on splicing into the stock ECU?

I'm using mine as a full standalone (fuel and spark), but I still let me stock ECU control the fuel pump and TPS. I just spliced into the signal wire for the MS. I don't have idle set up though. I just adjust it by the throttle body for now.

Well that may be a little easier then. I tried to utilize wiring from my stock wiring harness so there were less wires that need to be ran.

Anyway, let me know about when you are ready to install this and I'll give you a hand.

• 4 weeks later...