How to put my car on a frame rack?

hpfiend

Hey guys,

Reading Mustang Performance Handbook 2 it suggests I put my car up on a frame rack to check it for trueness before going crazy with the suspension/chassis.... I did the cross measurements before I bought it and put sfc's, torqueboxes on a week later but this may be more accurate..

Anyone know how to go about doing this?

to check for trueness of a car you need all the factory specs

for measurements. you cant just use a typical measuring tape. there are specific tools for this. im sure if you car was never wrecked your going to be okay.

unless he has alot of power and twists the body........wait this is on a mustang, forget what i just said.;)

I'm going to suggest nelson frame and axle. they can tell you if the car is straight or not beyond just measuring camber caster and toe. an alignment rack can tell you weather or not the steering and suspension is straight but a real frame shop can tell you if the unibody it all bolts to is any good

hope this helps and you are of course more than welcome to stop by ntb and get your alignment checked

I'm going to suggest nelson frame and axle. they can tell you if the car is straight or not beyond just measuring camber caster and toe. an alignment rack can tell you weather or not the steering and suspension is straight but a real frame shop can tell you if the unibody it all bolts to is any good

hope this helps and you are of course more than welcome to stop by ntb and get your alignment checked

Thanks- that is what I was thinking would be involved... appreciate the reference.