fox mustang.... hood options

Dave1647545494

I'm look for something with just a tiny little bit of rise to clear my intake manifold that now has to sit on a 1 inch spacer the stock hood will close but its off 1/4- 1/2 an inch links to websites pictures of your car anything will help I was hoping to avoid buying a hood but it has to happen the closer the hood looks to stock the happier I will be

thanks....

Ha, I knew that one inch spacer was gonna mess you up, clearing tall valve covers I take it tho...Regardless poly motor mounts are what are in my vert and I belive they raised the motor a tad, also I have been looking at hoods lately and ive been leaning toards the mach 1 hood cobra heat extractor hood.

There is a place down in cincinnatti that sells a ton of fox aftermarket fiberglass hoods idk much bout them I just have seen them on ebay and in mags, maybe we could both make a road trip down there save some $ and maybe get a package deal let me know

Ford Mustang

87-93 Cobra "R" Hood - $270 (US)

This is a bolt-on hood utilizing OEM hinges, latch and hardware. The height of lift is 2 1/2", featuring open rear vents. Hood is made of high quality fiberglass and resin. This hood features a fully finished underside liner for possible show car quality.

Also available as Lift-Off for $170 US Lift-Off hoods are made to order and are NON-REFUNDABLE!

Shipped by truck: shipping charges due upon delivery.

Little known secret but there is a guy just south of Canal that manufacturers the Cobra hoods for Ford.

I've been to his shop a couple times to pick up hoods for Dans and Amys stangs.

He ran a stang at Trails but sold the car a couple years ago.

I'll find his info and post here ASAP.

Ron

thanks for the link ron

rob, hal ; I'm already running convertible mounts is there a spacer kit for the k-member or do I just make the spacers myself from 1/2 steel? or can I go with an aftermarket k-member with a lowered mounting point for the engine?

a k-member and a hood are around the same price so I'm open to either option but would lean more towards anything that would let me keep my stock hood

thanks everyone for all the replies :)

Guest Removed

the spacers i have will throw your drive line angle way out of whack. mine are 1 1/2.. they make them out of steel or aluminum ...id use washers or speak with aje, they will drop the mount location a 1/2 and no more(on there drop rack k members) but then you need to add bump steer stuff etc.

holcome(sp) sells soild mounts that drop the engine 3/4

Guest Removed
found a place that sells a chro mo k-member with 1" drop mount pads think thats too much?

may have to lower your trans mount etc. to keep all the angle's correct and to keep from having vibrations and driveline breakage and so just check your angles before and then make them the same when done. ;)

yeah the cobra hood is about the only one I've seen that I like at all, but for what I'd have in a hood with paint I could put a really nice front suspension under the car.....

thanks everyone again for all the replies now I just have to decide what to do

Guest Removed
stock hood and full suspension under the car vs aftermarket hood and no suspension... not a hard choice there in my book! and pinion angle is going to be different if you have all soild bushing in the rear or poly bushing's.