Driving with no hood

tristanlee85

Is it illegal? I was installing my hood last night and I managed to let it fall off the car with 1 bolt half-way installed so the bracket is toast and the threads are stripped out. I don't be able to get it fixed until Saturday so...

You'll just be labeled a ricer with a slow car who's looking for attention.

Hell that might be able to get you some races with some Honda's or DSM's (remember the kid last year who kept showing up with no hood his 1G DSM?)

its not like hes, doing it for attention, its stated above what happened, hes jus trying to break his motor in, plus I dont know many saturns that make

Tristan

1997 Turbo Saturn

262whp / 272wtq

to be slow

I believe Buck was joking. Also, I think you need about 5 more commas. ;)

I looked into this a few years back and was told it was illegal by every cop i asked.

They don't typically write a ticket for it, but can technically get you for violations of safety laws, said them.

They figured that one of the benefits of a hood is that blown fan belts or other engine parts would be relatively contained, rather than able to fly about and injure others (among other reasons)

The laws in Ohio are written such that they're pretty flexible. A cop would probably have several options for writing a ticket - do you want to test a few of them in court?

Guest Removed

its illegal (safety reasons).....pending on the cop, you will get a warning or not even get pulled over.

but if it was me tryying it in delaware county i would be arrested, and put under the jail.

:lol:

Well, I drove it tonight for the first time breaking the engine in. I didn't get pulled over, but wow. 3" open downpipe is a lot louder than my previous 2.5" open downpipe. Plus the cams didn't help much.

Now it's time to fix the coolant leak, wire up the fans, get an alignment, then go blow it up.