Puppy help urinating blood

ShoMeSomeFun

Just like the title says puppy is 8 weeks old, female.

Took her out at 530pm and no blood, then at 615pm she was sniffin and barkin at me and running to door, so I took her out and noticed blood.

She constantly wants to pee, and she pees close to the ground, maybe she picked up something?

Any suggestions on what to do Im taking her to the vet in the morning, the only emergency vet is an hour and a half away, and they want 200 minimum just to see her. Ive been giving her more fluids than normal, just wondering if shell be fine till the morning.

• Downvote 1

How is she acting other than when she pees? Is this the first time? How "heavy" or "deep" is the color of the blood? I'm guessing it's just an infection in their bladder or maybe kidney, but either one can be very painful. The vet will take a sample and be able to tell and probably prescribe antibiotics.

How is she acting other than when she pees? Is this the first time? How "heavy" or "deep" is the color of the blood? I'm guessing it's just an infection in their bladder or maybe kidney, but either one can be very painful. The vet will take a sample and be able to tell and probably prescribe antibiotics.

She acts normal wants to play but tries to squat and pee constantly.

This is the first time she just started doing this 1 1/2 ago.

Blood was somewhat dark at first but now that im letting drink alot more its lighter.

Take her to the vet ASAP.

Most likely a bladder or kidney infection.

Im taking her in the morning the "emergency" vet closes at 900pm. I wouldnt make it in time. Just wondering if she'll be alright till 800am tomorrow.

Animal Hospital of Polaris is open untill 10pm and they have GREAT service. They're more pricey than a regular vet but no where near MedVet.

http://www.animalhospitalofpolaris.com/DirectionsHours.htm

If you are worried call them and make an appointment for this evening. They'll probably do some meds and have you use a wet wipe on the puppy when done peeing in the future. Needless to say pissing blood is an infection and probably hurts.

Animal Hospital of Polaris is open untill 10pm and they have GREAT service. They're more pricey than a regular vet but no where near MedVet.

http://www.animalhospitalofpolaris.com/DirectionsHours.htm

If you are worried call them and make an appointment for this evening. They'll probably do some meds and have you use a wet wipe on the puppy when done peeing in the future. Needless to say pissing blood is an infection and probably hurts.

Im orginally from columbus but currently living in georgia. Thanks tho.

Never thought of using a wet wipe on a dog, how long should I do this for.

She should be fine until morning. Just make sure to let her go outside every hour or so. You may not get a lot of sleep tonight. It's really painful for a dog.

Thanks, what I needed to hear. Im used to stayin up have a 4 month old son too.

She acts normal wants to play but tries to squat and pee constantly.

This is the first time she just started doing this 1 1/2 ago.

Blood was somewhat dark at first but now that im letting drink alot more its lighter.

So.... you let your puppy piss blood for a week and a half before asking a CAR FORUM for help? What the hell is wrong with you? Take her to a vet immediately and see if they know of anyone who will adopt your puppy.

Read this as 1 1/2 weeks for some reason. If I'm mistaken then my bad. If not, then I stand by what I typed above.

So.... you let your puppy piss blood for a week and a half before asking a CAR FORUM for help? What the hell is wrong with you? Take her to a vet immediately and see if they know of anyone who will adopt your puppy.

It started yesterday; where did you get a week and a half from?

Reading > You

It started yesterday; where did you get a week and a half from?

Reading > You

Well, in defense of Jason, ShoMeSomeFun didn't specify in his post if it was a day and a half or a week and a half. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed he meant 1-1/2 days. Jason was a bit more judgemental. lol

Sounds like a urinary tract infection. My dog had one a couple months ago. Her symptoms were that she THOUGHT she had to pee every few minutes but nothing was coming out. Middle of night she tried to get me up and couldnt hold it and went on carpet. Took her to vet that day and got some antibiotics and was all better by the next day.

Well, in defense of Jason, ShoMeSomeFun didn't specify in his post if it was a day and a half or a week and a half. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed he meant 1-1/2 days. Jason was a bit more judgemental. lol

We reading > you too. He meants 1 - 1 1/2 HOURS.

Took her out at 530pm and no blood, then at 615pm she was sniffin and barkin at me and running to door, so I took her out and noticed blood.

He posted at 7:30pm. It all just makes sense.

;)