2000 ford f150 6cly help

boosted98gst

Today I took my girlfriend to work in her truck, on the way coming home on 33 I herd this crazy noise, like the truck just recived open header, I limp it home and come to find out it blew number 1 spark plug out and was just hanging on the wire, I mean it had no threads only the porslin SP. part was on it. the hole were to place the spark plug feels all jagged but smooth inside like it has no threads, so I figured maybe the treads off the old plug are in it. I try pulling them up with no luck, anyone know how I can fix this? I have never used a helicoil and this area of the engine is really hard to work on, any idea's?

There's some spark plug removing tool Ford uses for the F150's. Common situation with the 04-05 F150's, you have to take them in to get the plugs removed since Ford decided not to utilize anti-sieze on them.

does a dealer do this or someone on here help?

the best way to fix it is to remove the head and replace it with a reman one

if you don't have time to do that put grease on the tap the shavings will stick to the grease tap a little at a time wiping the old grease and shavings off while adding new grease then insert the proper thread size from the helicoil kit