Out of towner

Guest UPTOWN

Guest UPTOWN

Hi guys i'm visiting Columbus later this month and recently came about this site. I own a RHD Toyota Supra TT 6spd w/ basic BPU's for now. She's currently down at the moment as I'm working on my gf's xB as well as my daily GS300.

I'm actually from California and just someone whose interested in the scene in different area's. I hope to be accepted in this site since the LE here in California has made it so difficult that we dont even have a site like this.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/UpTownIS300er/Supra/CIMG7759.jpg

Guest UPTOWN

its' an authentic RHD Supra that was broughten over here for a video game promotion. During that time over here the producers of the game had made a sales deal w/ some other manufacturer which forced them to use ONLY that specific make in their collateral marketing. So this car was on the trading block..... I've always been a Toyota Lexus guy since my first car and the MK4 Supra has always been my favorite so I took the plunge.

Can't say it was the smartest thing to do since it was quite a big purchase but I'm excited to get working on it as I get my finances settled. I had to sell my 240's to purchase the Supra.

I had an Cadillac XLR for a few months as well from work and can definitely say the Supra will absolutely rape the XLR, hell.... my 240 even killed the XLR. You guys are lucky in Columbus, CA sucks!

Guest UPTOWN

Thanks guys for the welcome! California just sucks when talking about Racing in general. The racing that does take place are on the horse tracks or at the actual tracks. The street scene has really died down due to politics and LE crackdowns.

To be honest, the highways and streets here tend to be so compacted that it's no wonder why the LE crack down on these kids out in the streets. Pretty dangerous to do it w/ families driving around, just plain stupid. So sites like these just dont exist..... i miss it... its alot more raw and thrilling.

I'd love to come out there and just let go.... my supra' is no where built enough for me to even start racing.... I haven't really started modding the Supra yet, I know what I want to do but will just keep it on hold while i finish my 2 other cars since they're alot cheaper to finish.

Thanks guys for the welcome! California just sucks when talking about Racing in general. The racing that does take place are on the horse tracks or at the actual tracks. The street scene has really died down due to politics and LE crackdowns.

To be honest, the highways and streets here tend to be so compacted that it's no wonder why the LE crack down on these kids out in the streets. Pretty dangerous to do it w/ families driving around, just plain stupid. So sites like these just dont exist..... i miss it... its alot more raw and thrilling.

I'd love to come out there and just let go.... my supra' is no where built enough for me to even start racing.... I haven't really started modding the Supra yet, I know what I want to do but will just keep it on hold while i finish my 2 other cars since they're alot cheaper to finish.

I'll race either of your other two cars, let me know.