Any car guys still hanging out? Looking for a GM 4T65E tyranny expert

mello dude

• mello dude changed the title to Any car guys still hanging out? Looking for a GM 4T65E tyranny expert

Need to do it in car. Apparently you pull the filter out, and then the accumulator is right there and is taken out with a few more bolts. Then springs are changed

Really if I had a lift, I might consider doing it, but my garage is setup to work on motorcycles, not going to do this in my driveway with the car on jack stands.

The car is my daily driver... I cant take a chance to screw it up... 

YT vid

It's really not that hard to do, follow the instructions closely, keep track of everything and take your time.

All of what you are doing is in the valve body, so you won't be working under the truck except to remove the valve body itself.

Realistically it can be done in an afternoon after work, or if you want to take your time a Saturday.

Now if you are going into the pump and stuff to install the FULL kit that is a lot more involved and does require removing the transmission.

The 4T65E is a pain in the ass, depending on what vehicle it is in.  Access to the valve body should take care of most of it, but in some vehicles it's almost easier to putt the trans.  

Transgo is THE kit to use, they are amazing for every application I have used them for, as long as you follow the instructions, word for word.

I inherited my dad's 2004 Buick LeSabre, 3800 engine, had 20k on the clock when I got it, now has 44k. Was a garage queen, no rust on it. Phenomenal shape.

It's really not my taste, I'm more of a Honda or BMW guy, but as a go to work car, it's decent. The 1 to 2 shift goes "clunk" at light throttle, annoying as shit. I used to work for Delphi, GMs part arm, and heard that, too many of that tyranny likes to eat it at around 85k....

This shift kit is supposed to be the fix, and I'm hot on getting it done, but can't really take much downtime.

Thanks for the replies.

Edited by mello dude