Dynoed my evo

skold

I don't think the Dyno has anything to do with it. For example, my brother's EVO (Black one) has the following mods:

BC 280 cams

Upgraded FMIC

Full Exhaust

CAI

18-19 psi

Car made 307 / 318 with just a quickie tune. It is being tuned today and should pick up 10-20awhp with the same mods and we will have to see how much torque changes.

Since the mods are really close I figured I would toss that out as a comparison :)

Nice chart, being it was on Buschurs, that like I said I guarantee reads lower. I take it the AFR monitor was messed up that day? 7.1???????????????????????????

edit: Your torque curve looks like you have a lot of boost taper, what are using to control the boost?

There is so much that can change the reading anyway, Temp, humidity, Heat soak, Gear, I think my Buschur Dyno was a 4th gear pull where I have more boost in that gear, and the IPS dyno was 3rd gear pulls. I don't think I see 14.7 in 3rd. I don't think they took a boost reading on my car. It's just a measuring tool for your vehicle anyway since all are diffferent. Hell I have seen many discussions on here about how someone's LSX car is a freak of nature because it puts down a bunch of power for a stock LSX car.

Again Jeff, thanks for the use of the dyno, price was right, weather was right, and I have a local baseline, now the hard part is figuring out how to launder the money from the wife to buy a Methanol injection kit. To get my fix for a month or so. :)

I really think there should be a support group for us and this hobby.

Again Jeff, thanks for the use of the dyno, price was right, weather was right, and I have a local baseline, now the hard part is figuring out how to launder the money from the wife to buy a Methanol injection kit. To get my fix for a month or so. :)

No problem at all and glad you were able to swing down. I agree 100% that dyno's are tuning tools and there are many variations between them.

Just as another example from yesterday, we had a DSM on last night that made 43psi on the dyno and that is spot-on what it makes at the track. Load is not the issue...

Jeff

I don't think the Dyno has anything to do with it. For example, my brother's EVO (Black one) has the following mods:

BC 280 cams

Upgraded FMIC

Full Exhaust

CAI

18-19 psi

Car made 307 / 318 with just a quickie tune. It is being tuned today and should pick up 10-20awhp with the same mods and we will have to see how much torque changes.

Since the mods are really close I figured I would toss that out as a comparison :)

Yeah ill be in monday to help out with map tracer.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GMoney
Why are you guys only running 18-19 psi on these evo's? From the factory they run 19 and the only reason for that is because some states have only 91 oct. I was running 25 psi with no change in AIT's and almost no knock on the stock turbo, my 20GLT, and now GT35R. I have run as high as 28 psi on shell pump gas, with little knock.

Why are you guys only running 18-19 psi on these evo's? From the factory they run 19 and the only reason for that is because some states have only 91 oct. I was running 25 psi with no change in AIT's and almost no knock on the stock turbo, my 20GLT, and now GT35R. I have run as high as 28 psi on shell pump gas, with little knock.

I prefer 0 knock.