WTB: Flex fuel sender

tristanlee85

I highly doubt anyone has this, but here's the shot. Dealership wants a testicle for this thing. Maybe someone on here has a totaled car that they plan on getting rid of soon. I don't know. The sender is found on these possible vehicles:

• 2000 - 2001
    • 2.2L Chevrolet S-10 pickup 2WD
      2.2L Sonoma GMC pickup 2WD

• 5.3L V-8 engine Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra half-ton pickups 2WD & 4WD
    5.3L Vortec-engine Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon and Yukon XLs
    2.2L Chevrolet S-10 pickup 2WD
    2.2L Sonoma GMC pickup 2WD

2003 - 2006

• 5.3L V-8 engine Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra half-ton pickups 2WD & 4WD
    5.3L Vortec-engine Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon and Yukon XLs

2005 - 2006

• 5.3L Vortec-engine Avalanche
    5.3L Vortec-engine Police Package Tahoeï

• 3.5L Chevy Impala (LS, 1LT & 2LT)
    3.5L Chevy Monte Carlo (LS and LT models only)

Guest Removed
got a part number? i can see how much i can get it for (some times dealer mark up on customer parts is high) i can atleast get it for 20% less

GMPartsDirect.com

GM PART # 12570260

CATEGORY: Computer Control Sensors

PACK QTY: 1

CORE CHARGE: $0.00

GM LIST: $626.89

OUR PRICE: $371.61

Still not cheap but better then $600. Check junkyards for one that someone rolled or plowed a tree.

I haven't found a huge difference between the summer / winter blend regarding stoic point and octane. Both do a very good job of suppressing knock,but you can judge the mixture ratio by finding lambda = 1, and everything else (if properly tuned) will fall into place.

It's some number crunching, but, if you can't find the freq sensor, it works just as well. The MS community most likely will develop wideband sampling in the near future.

Well I have my wideband to output lambda instead of AFR and then I calculated a table for gasoline AFR vs ethanol AFR so instead of a gasoline AFR of 14.7:1 being 9.8:1 ethanol, I converted the ethanol AFR to be the same as gasoline so it'll be easier on the mind to tune... even though I'm sure that was confusing. :)

Well I have my wideband to output lambda instead of AFR and then I calculated a table for gasoline AFR vs ethanol AFR so instead of a gasoline AFR of 14.7:1 being 9.8:1 ethanol, I converted the ethanol AFR to be the same as gasoline so it'll be easier on the mind to tune... even though I'm sure that was confusing. :)

OH NOES, MAI BRAIEN!

Yeah though, your method seems to be easier in the long run.

GMPartsDirect.com

GM PART # 12570260

CATEGORY: Computer Control Sensors

PACK QTY: 1

CORE CHARGE: $0.00

GM LIST: $626.89

OUR PRICE: $371.61

Still not cheap but better then $600. Check junkyards for one that someone rolled or plowed a tree.

YEOWZA!

YEOWZA!

Yeh really. Even for $300+ for a part that I really don't need, I may look for 2000+ cars at Pick n Pull for now. There was a guy on eBay setting the discontinued GM sender for $50 plus shipping brand new, but since I plan on running just E85, the flex sender won't do me much use right now.

The more you work in lambda the easier it becomes. It took me a few weeks of working in it, but once your brain accepts it, you won't want to go back to AFR. Very helpful if your working with different systems/fuels/etc.

The main reason I am converting it to AFR is because my tuning software reads my datalogs, compares it to my AFR table I have defined, and add/removes fuel at specific RPM/MAP values to match what I am shooting for. After 1/2 hr of driving, I just need to fine-tune it.

The fuel composition sensor...

Mine started acting funny after some bad gas I got. Try to run a few more tank's full through the car before replacing it.

The main reason I am converting it to AFR is because my tuning software reads my datalogs, compares it to my AFR table I have defined, and add/removes fuel at specific RPM/MAP values to match what I am shooting for. After 1/2 hr of driving, I just need to fine-tune it.

MS/Megatune doesn't have a lambda option? Wow, I'm out of touch.

MS/Megatune doesn't have a lambda option? Wow, I'm out of touch.

Yes it does, but back when I first starting using the MS, I re-wrote the code for the AFR tables to use AFR values instead of voltage or lambda because it wasn't supported with the AEM 30-42XX at the time though I know the MS2 is.

Yes it does, but back when I first starting using the MS, I re-wrote the code for the AFR tables to use AFR values instead of voltage or lambda because it wasn't supported with the AEM 30-42XX at the time though I know the MS2 is.

Word.

What's your email? I have a few SAE papers on E85 that may help you out.