Longtubes on a 03 mustang

XChris1632X

The header are already in. Its not my car so I am fine with it, he can just pay me to take them back out when he does a clutch. The motor will be coming out in a year anyways for a complete bottom end swap. Now I just need to figure out this air tube situation. If I was to cap the header off and just leave the air tube open, would the car run like shit? What if I was to cap the air tube off also to where it couldn't suck any air at all?

The car will run fine, but it will have a CEL.

The whole thing is now done. I had to extend the front o2 sensor wires and cap the egr off. The long tubes really quited this thing down. It before just had a off road H pipe and flowmaster cat back. It used to drone really nicely around 2200 rpms. Now it is not very loud driving under normal conditions and isnt really that deep anymore but the minute you stand on the throttle it is really raspy and louder than it was under wide open throttle. I figured some of it had to due with the change from H pipe to X pipe also. How much power can be expected on one of these cars from a tune with full exhaust and a cold air? Better question might be what are the next couple mods I should look to add?