Coders, Programmers, IT students....geeks...

Akula

Hey, I need to get some software created in order to enable secure file sharing at my office.

Basically I need a web system that allows files to be uploaded by approved persons, the file upload creates a unique code (26 or so characters long) and I can email to a person. They go to a url, put in the code and viola the file downloads to them.

I used to have this at my old job and I am finding I need it again.

Ideally it will accept LDAP as the authentication method so only employees can log in and use the system to upload and then the code allows anyone to download.

Anyone out there have the skill to make this a reality?

I could code it in... *7* lines of perl! (tugs on suspenders)

But seriously tho, this is something relatively trivial to implement as long as you already have a web server in place with the needed storage space. There are a number of other considerations, but anyone who puts a little thought into it can iron that out. On the other hand, to start from scratch, you are looking at a substantial investment just to get some relatively trivial functionality (fwiw, you could accomplish this with google apps in about 5 minutes).