Thompson Electronics

JaSSon

They're handling the extended warranty on my 44" Panasonic LCd projection HDTV. Poorly. They came out to my house 2/28 to do their check on the claim.

First off, the repair guy took the tv apart with an 18v drill. I could hear him stripping the shit out of the screws on the back of the set. He determined there was a problem with the projection screen and the remote was non-functional. Since then I've called them every month, on the month. I get the same excuse everytime: "One of the screens is on back order. Panasonic has shipped the screen, it should be here in a few days." The last time I spoke to Thompson Electronics i told them "you need to call Panasonic and check up on that part." They think that isn't their responsibility.

I haven't heard anything from them. I'm just going to drive to Whitehall sometime this week, pick up MY replacement remote that has been sitting in their shop for MONTHS, and sever relations with them.

Am I out of line asking Circuit City to give me a $1650 credit towards a new TV? What are my options here?

The problem with my TV is this: There are black marks that appear and disappear randomly on the bottom left corner of my set. Sometimes they are a transparent gray, sometimes they are completely gone, and sometimes they are jet black and shoot ~1/8 across the screen. Typically the black just appears, then gradually fades to gray then gone. At the moment the marks are gray. The repairman DID see the marks.