Fox Body Brake Question

resurection

I've got an 84' GT. I'm doing a manual brake conversion on it. I purchased the skinny kid manual brake kit, that utilizes a strange master cylinder. I didn't get the complete kit, because I already had a line lock installed on the car already.

I ran into a problem when redoing the brake hardlines. When I removed the brass fitting on my line lock, it got stripped out. In order to get the fitting off the line lock, I had to use an easy out to remove it. After I got everything back together, I started to bleed the brakes. The current line lock was a Hurst unit, but an old design. Its round and it only had two ports on it, one line in and one line out. The line lock didn't like when I used the drill and easy out to remove the fitting. The assembly spun around and now fluid leaks everywhere from it.

Now I ordered a new Hurst line lock. It has four ports on it; an entry port, one port for each front caliper, and one port for a pressure switch.

For the conversion, I had to remove the brake pedal and drill a hole for the master cylinder linkage one inch above the stock location. When I did this, I am unable to hook up the stock micro switch for tail lights.

Here is my question. The guy at Skinny Kid says to omit the stock brake distribution block. Not a problem. I order all of the fittings I need for the new line lock and the pressure switch. Do I wire up the pressure switch to the micro switch for the pedal assembly or do I wire it up to the stock distribution block? I'm not really how the pressure switch works. Does it pick up pressure in the line and activates the rear tail lights? There appears to be one on the distribution block right now. What is its purpose when there is a micro switch on the brake pedal and a pressure switch from the factory? Wouldn't you need only one switch and not both? I occassionally drive the car on the street, and tail lights are important to me.

The pressure switch takes the place of the micro switch on the brake pedal. Use the two wires from micro switch and extend them out the prssure switch. Onw wire is positve and the other is negative. IT DOES NOT MATTER which one you use for positve or negative.

I used a jeg block with pressure switch but its all the same principle

http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/450017687/11.jpg