Evo misses while crusing

Mrb00st

Return the car to STOCK...then mod from there. That is the only way to get it back to not a fucked up stage.

This would be the easiest route.

This could be something as simple as intermitant wiring issues to the fuel pump or injectors. Hell bad grounds cause stranger problems. You really aren't going to figure this out talking about it. Just go back to basics, and start eliminating what isn't the proplem, and without live data or data logging that is will be next to impossible. Once you visually inspect everything in great detail,and I'm sure you have, logging with a wideband to watch fuel should point you in a better direction. Right now you are just shooting in the dark.

oh shit, sorry i didn't see this thread get bumped.

what's happening is the engine is going into safe mode. On my DSM i split the barometric pressure wire and installed a pot to control whether the ECU checks for misfires or not, after i did that i had no problems. I don't know exactly which wire you would need to cut but on the DSM it was wire #84, an orange and silver striped wire on the top most part of the ECU.

i think i am kinda of narrowing it down, i have check every single ign. peice on the car, we ran our snap-on computer to it. and it talked about the p0300 code. According to it, guess there was some kind of re-flash put out for the car? and it listed something about checking the tranny? i have been told by another person that a vibration in the transmission can fuck with the ecu and make it miss.

i think i am kinda of narrowing it down, i have check every single ign. peice on the car, we ran our snap-on computer to it. and it talked about the p0300 code. According to it, guess there was some kind of re-flash put out for the car? and it listed something about checking the tranny? i have been told by another person that a vibration in the transmission can fuck with the ecu and make it miss.

The P0300 isn't your problem. The code is coming up now as a result of the car misfiring from the primary issue. Yes the P0300 can apear from drive train noise (after market clutches are usually the biggest cuprit). But this isn't the issue.