DYNO 04 STi Stage 2.

thorne

I was at IPS today tuning a 04 sti I figured I would post up the numbers. Sorry for the poor jpeg I compressed it to much.

This was a Exhaust / DP / Intake / MBC STi. I think with a cooler condition and it not being heat soaked of the last pulls it could have made 310-320. I did learn I will never deal with someone elses mechanical problems again......

http://bamb.ohiogaming.net/thorne/tune/Posting%20Graph.JPG

The car pulls like a beast and makes me really wish i had a 2.5.

I have an axel back, and DP (not full exhaust, Hell I have a cat and resonator) no INtake and no Manual boost controler, His dyno looks just like mine. More proof that an intake does nothing for an STI. Hell he is most likely making less power from it. It's a ricer mod.

What gear were those runs done on?

3rd, Thats what eric said they should be done in. I got to thank eric for his help today. We put a MBC on this guys car today on the dyno because his stock Valve was fucked when he came in.

I would liked to seen the car on the stock intake. I mean I make 300 and don't need an intake I have a paper filter.

Your numbers I actually layed these numbers on top of for comparson. I made one minor mistake. Don't forget to adjust boost cut nothing major but I had worked on the car for 2 hours at that point figuring out why it would not build boost right.

It has a Blow off valve but its a 50/50 it really was not doing bad a little rich on shift but ehh I run a hyrbid too mine is more of a 30/70.

I really think the car could make more. No doubt in my mind it could. I think just having the IC cool would give it 5-10 more. I made a total of 10 pulls today trying to trouble shoot and dial in the MBC. The MBC causes boost to come on HARD as hell. I still want my 2.5 done:( (Still need to pay for more parts :\ )

Yeah I overlayed your dyno on this one and was like cool pretty close. You still have the stock cat or a high flow?

He's out of injector well close to it.

High Flow CObb Cated DP. It's a great pipe. Iron after the turbo instead of Thin Stainless. My car could have made more also when I had it tunned and it did, but it's a daily and it was dialed back a little for reliability. :)

Nice work tuning it.

Thank you. Stressful day. Allot of people knew about me tuning it and here the car came screwed up (Boost control). I was not willing to let it go not done. Little work but we got it workin.

Whats next is I'm working on a 89 octane tune I think it will work.

Bill Who is he on COS, I would love to post my Chart and embarrass him on COS.....

:) I see no point other then a cool sound for a cai. But he's a cool guy and finally being steered the right way.

Out of curiosity aren't the dyno numbers adjusted for the temperature (SAE corrected)? If so what would today's temps have to do with the power it put down? Graph looks good - just curious!

In my perosnal experiance for turbo cars it really makes a differance further then the 1.03 SAE correction. The tmic was heat soaked and at that point we were over the orginal hour in I did not have time to wait for cool IC.

But man I had envy of that beast :( same whp and sure the hell not the same power.

I tried to tell you many times. When I drove my STi on the test drive I knew it was a completely different car, the suspension is way better, the gearbox is way better, If feels like a more solid car. The interior is better, Better guages, I like the drive by wire too. Down shifting is easy to rev match, the computer does it for you. DCCD for the winter, better wheels, I can list more, do I need too? I knew that even with a swap it would not be the same. Good luck with the swap, I look forward to the, I want an STi post afterward. :)

I tried to tell you many times. When I drove my STi on the test drive I knew it was a completely different car, the suspension is way better, the gearbox is way better, If feels like a more solid car. The interior is better, Better guages, I like the drive by wire too. Down shifting is easy to rev match, the computer does it for you. DCCD for the winter, better wheels, I can list more, do I need too? I knew that even with a swap it would not be the same. Good luck with the swap, I look forward to the, I want an STi post afterward. :)

I agree... I test drove an used '04 before purchasing my '05. However, the insurance company wanted to stick it to me with the sti. So, right now im cobb 2 with roughly the power/speed (13.6ish) of a stock sti only with cheaper insurance.

However, the car is for sale as soon as I get finished with my last college course the beginning of August. Moving on up... :bangbang:

Nice! Do they ever have any dyno days when you can get a couple pulls fairly cheap?

all the time cheap noooo not for awd

slow mo does it as well i belive round 2 racing both have had dyno days(check ou meetings and events i belive slowmos got one coming up)

nice numbers bill when u gonna tune myshit box? lol

all the time cheap noooo not for awd

slow mo does it as well i belive round 2 racing both have had dyno days(check ou meetings and events i belive slowmos got one coming up)

nice numbers bill when u gonna tune myshit box? lol

When it runs.