traction control

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112

im not sure if my TC is working properly....today for the first time since ive owned the car, i saw an LED for my TC button that said Off... so...if it doesnt say off is it on? the light stopped working again, no matter how much i push the button it doesnt light up...i just figured the bulb was burned out until i saw it today....any ideas how to fix this? and anyway to know for sure about the TC being on or off? goin to the track for the first time tomorrow, dont wanna look dumb and leave it on

i know hitting it once after the car is fired up turns it off....but ide like to fix the LED issue so i know for sure...i know its electrical, how would i go about fixing it

Guest tbutera2112
honestly....if i could sell it and get an ls1, it would be gone lol...thats just not an option considering i owe way more on it than its worth, and its not worth much

Guest tbutera2112
i dont want to disable it....i want the LED to work properly....when its off i want it to say off and when its on i want the light to be out...if i wanted it off permanently i would shut it off with my sct tuner

im not sure if my TC is working properly....today for the first time since ive owned the car, i saw an LED for my TC button that said Off... so...if it doesnt say off is it on? the light stopped working again, no matter how much i push the button it doesnt light up...i just figured the bulb was burned out until i saw it today....any ideas how to fix this? and anyway to know for sure about the TC being on or off? goin to the track for the first time tomorrow, dont wanna look dumb and leave it on

i know hitting it once after the car is fired up turns it off....but ide like to fix the LED issue so i know for sure...i know its electrical, how would i go about fixing it

well to know for sure, you can attempt a peel out, or try to break your tires loose, and if it doesnt work out very well then its probably on. look in your owners manual, i believe that generically, it turns a light on for when it is off or being used in a panic situation.

heres a vid, not necessarily of your situation, but of what to expect with t/c on and off.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/mustang-mach-1-burn-out-o_108421.htm

Guest tbutera2112

.....maybe im not making myself very clear...let me retry

when i turn my car on, the traction control defaults to on

when i push the button it turns off, but the LED does not always light up saying Off

how would i go about fixing that?

yes im aware i can do some donuts to figure out if its working or not, but i dont want to have to burn off my tires everytime i wonder if its working or not

Guest tbutera2112
i have a post there as well... i just want to know if i have a loose wire or possibly a bad switch or what i should look for first....the traction control works fine and it shuts off when i press the button....i just want to LED to work

.....maybe im not making myself very clear...let me retry

when i turn my car on, the traction control defaults to on

when i push the button it turns off, but the LED does not always light up saying Off

how would i go about fixing that?

yes im aware i can do some donuts to figure out if its working or not, but i dont want to have to burn off my tires everytime i wonder if its working or not

i guess on a long term basis, you should get out a multi-meter, and check your way thru the wiring for the system and pinpoint your problem. for a short term thing like the track, i guess disable it with your tuner, or find a fuse to pull like pdqgp suggested.

i have a post there as well... i just want to know if i have a loose wire or possibly a bad switch or what i should look for first....the traction control works fine and it shuts off when i press the button....i just want to LED to work

well judging by the fact that oem switches are quite expensive for their purpose, id say pull it out and open it up and check it for faults or order a new one at a local ford parts counter.

just trying to help considering you were going to the track . beats spending all night trying to figure it out beforehand.

i dont want to disable it....i want the LED to work properly....when its off i want it to say off and when its on i want the light to be out...if i wanted it off permanently i would shut it off with my sct tuner

Guest tbutera2112
yea and i appreciate the help guys....looks like its gonna rain tomorrow anyways, got a week to figure it out....if not i know how to work the TC, just would be nice to have the LED now that i know it actually works

Probably just a bad connection in the button itself. My gf has a Cougar with TC, as well. The button occasionally has to be pushed just right for the light to come on. If it were here, I'd go outside and pop it off and give some advice, but it's not. If your TC is working (it should still flash, I believe, when it kicks in -you don't have to burn off your tires for this- which would lead me to believe it's the button.) Take the button out, check the wiring and while it's out, test it.