Proof that our rights are being taken away, the so called "DUI exemption"

Ry_Trapp01647545522

This write up is flawed by one major premise.

No one has the "right" to drive, it is merely a privelage afforded to you.

so that makes it alright to ignore probable cause, to ignore the fifth amendment, to destroy evidence, to assume guilt rather than innocense, to not allow trial by jury, and to ignore your miranda rights? did you read the article? it doesnt say anything about taking away your "right" to drive, it talks about taking away your legitemate rights, some of which may prove your innocense!

keep the car off, don't sit on the driver side and put the keys in a location that's not within reach or on your person. otherwise, ohio will bust you.

hmm can you prove that? I sleep in my car with it running nearly every work day, I've been approached by people all the time to see if I'm alive, and I've also been approached by police twice and they were only checking on me.

Sucked too because they blew that damn horn and I nearly pooped the one time.

Look around any parking lot between 1030 and 1330 and you'll see plenty of cars running with people sleeping or just hanging around.

And to the guy that got a DUI for sleeping you his car. Is it really as simple as it sounds or are we missing some of the story? I'd fight that one to the bitter end because that would be serious BS.

Evan

who was that, benjamin franklin? it's unfortunate how many people this quote applies to.

Yup. Neocons who want to lock everything down to keep us safe from turruist. Liberals who want to keep us safe from ourselves. Conservatives who want to keep us safe from the necons and berkly. :D Wait... did I just say I think the conservatives are doing it 'right'? :eek:

Like so many quotes, no one really knows. Actually the first website that came up when I was looking for that quote so I didn't misquote it was wiki and this is what they had to say. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Those_who_would_give_up_Essential_Liberty

It's wiki, so take it for what it's worth. But I remeember reading something more general than this, but to the same effect a whlie ago about this quote.

This write up is flawed by one major premise.

No one has the "right" to drive, it is merely a privelage afforded to you.

This has nothing to do with the 'right to drive your car around'. Even someone as naive as you deserves the right to freedom, even though you would deny it to others in situations you see fit. The right to go about your business, whether that be by car, train, bike, walking, without being stopped by the state for no reason. The right to not be spied on by your government without due cause. The right to live your life as you see fit within reasonable laws without having to bend to your neighbors ideals or making them bend to yours.

I am selling all my stuff, and buying some land some place remote. Then I am buying a unibomber outfit.

Just wear what I saw you snowboarding in that one time you were out with Joe and Mike. That's close enough. :D

He had a bright orange hat on. To make sure someone didn't mistake him for an animal and shoot him.