USA Basketball team

HotCarl

So, i just saw on Sportcenter that not one of the Boston Celtics opted to join Team USA for the olympics?! wtf?

And that the only real big man on the team is Dwight Howard, where the fuck is Kevin Garnett?

Why the hell do these NBA star's have to be begged to join the National team? What happened to the modern day Dream Team?!

So, i just saw on Sportcenter that not one of the Boston Celtics opted to join Team USA for the olympics?! wtf?

And that the only real big man on the team is Dwight Howard, where the fuck is Kevin Garnett?

Why the hell do these NBA star's have to be begged to join the National team? What happened to the modern day Dream Team?!

This country is what fucking gave them the oppotunity to make ridiculous amounts of money for shit. The least they could do is fucking represent the US in international play. But, they're either too selfish or too fucking scared. Lord save them if they went out and some "nobody" from Latvia posted up on one of them or they straight lost. :rolleyes:

Oh well, it's their right, I guess. Just my opinion.

some rules are different, and so is some of the the style of play in international play. which is another reason they don't want to go to it. had a discussion with my cousin who is a manager of scouting at the orlando magic. asking him about nba players in international play. about them getting beat.

its tough to get NBA players to play internationally because its reffed so much more liberally. international basketball is a much rougher game than in the US.

I think it's gotten out of hand in the NBA. I don't feel like there's any flow. It's being stopped every two fuckin seconds to call foul on someone. They don't let them play. I'd rather watch some street ball.

international basketball is a much rougher game than in the US.

are you serious? is that why every euro player in the league has to battle against a perception of being "soft"? (see; pau gasol, arvydis sabonis, zydrunas ilgauskus, and others) is that why the us got blazed last time around for not having any pure shooters on the roster by pundits? is that why we got crushed by damn near every team at the line throughout the tourney? you guys must be joking.

no, the difference is the zone defense, and the inability of the u.s. player to adjust to an actual team game, as opposed to pick and roll and isolation offenses.