Cell phone carriers...?

Putty

I have not had anyplace here above ground in Central Ohio where my iPhone does not get reception.

Are you going to get the Iphone 2? Or do you really not care about the 3G? I just wondered from someone that already has the Iphone what they plan on doing.

I have not had anyplace here above ground

LOL....Discuss your spare time with me...

Are you going to get the Iphone 2?

I want it simply for the browsing and pinching pics, and screen usability.

I don't care about the 3G, I am always on Wi Fi anyway, and the only real other difference is GPS in addition to the Cell tower and WiFi triangulation. The battery is supposed to be better but we will see as the 3G will suck battery at a faster rate. I get 2 days out of a charge on my current 16GB phone. The external speaker is better as apple claims. Meh...

Same CPU

Same Size 8GB and 16GB

Same screen

Same software

Same Camera

Also I can't get the new iPhone unless I pay the $175 contract end fee. AT&T is not giving the existing customers the subsidized price. They can't charge us $625 for the phone because once you kill your contract for $175 you then qualify for the subsidized price. Makes more sense to kill your contract, or add a line to a family account for 9.99 + $35 data plan. I am on a family plan with my wife.

I hate the fact that the iPhone does not have mms, no removable battery, no copy/paste and no 'back' button. Plus I got this Instinct for $129...iPhone 8gb will be over $200.

Also I can't get the new iPhone unless I pay the $175 contract end fee. AT&T is not giving the existing customers the subsidized price. They can't charge us $625 for the phone because once you kill your contract for $175 you then qualify for the subsidized price. Makes more sense to kill your contract, or add a line to a family account for 9.99 + $35 data plan. I am on a family plan with my wife.

Can you add the iphone onto a exsisting family plan for only 9.99 if the other phones do not have the iphone? Is it like blackberry where you HAVE to get a data plan?

I hate the fact that the iPhone does not have mms, no removable battery, no copy/paste and no 'back' button. Plus I got this Instinct for $129...iPhone 8gb will be over $200.

The instinct is at a great price. People can hate Sprint all they want but they started a trend. The other Touchscreen phones will have to be cheaper to compete. Just today Verizon gave a price for their Dare its only 200 with a 50 dollar rebate. You can check out the phone on Gizmodo.com or Engadget.com

8GB 3g iPhone is 199 +tax = 212.44.

Equals "over $200".

Um it has forward and back in safari......

'back' button in relation to the one on the Instinct...Not just the single button on the iPhone.

actual sprint chat i had, just a couple days ago.

#yiv63269920 {font-family:Tahoma;font-size:8pt;background-color:#ffffff;}#yiv63269920 td.background_LightSteelBlue {font-family:Tahoma;font-size:9pt;background-color:#b0c4de;}#yiv63269920 td.background_LightGrey {font-family:Tahoma;font-size:9pt;background-color:#d3d3d3;}#yiv63269920 td {font-family:Tahoma;font-size:9pt;}#yiv63269920 th {font-family:Tahoma;font-size:9pt;}#yiv63269920 table.border {BORDER-RIGHT:gray thin solid;BORDER-TOP:gray thin solid;BORDER-LEFT:gray thin solid;BORDER-BOTTOM:gray thin solid;}

Please do not respond to this email as it will be routed to an email box that is unattended.

This is an automated email sent from the Sprint Web Chat. The following information is a log of your session. Please feel free to save the log for your records.

Your session ID is 2413133. Time Details 06/23/2008 04:51:52PMSystem: "Please hold and the next available agent will be with you shortly."06/23/2008 04:51:55PMSession Started with Agent (Dustin)06/23/2008 04:51:59PMAgent (Dustin): "Thank you for contacting sprint Web Chat. My name is Dustin. How may I help you with your Sprint.com purchase today?"06/23/2008 04:52:32PMkris: "i would like to buy the instinct, but im an existing customer"06/23/2008 04:52:39PMAgent (Dustin): "If you?re already a customer, you can upgrade or replace your current Sprint or Nextel phone online. Please copy and paste the following link to log into your account and follow instructions on how to upgrade your current phone. You will also be able to" view the discounts that you are entitled to when you log into the account. http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASApp/onlinestore/en/Action/DisplayUpgradeLanding?id12=CHP_PhonesTab_Link_UpgradeYourPhone06/23/2008 04:53:45PMkris: "it says im not eliglbe till 9/1/08.. is there anything i can do?"06/23/2008 04:54:13PMAgent (Dustin): "You will have to pay full price for the phone."06/23/2008 04:54:30PMkris: "you dont seem very helpful"06/23/2008 04:54:56PMAgent (Dustin): "I apologize but I am only telling you what can be done."06/23/2008 04:55:42PMkris: "so what you are saying is, i can cancel my contract and get an iphone cheaper than then buying a new phone thru you"06/23/2008 04:56:00PMkris: "i will be out like 400, and not 450"06/23/2008 04:56:05PMkris: "and have a better phone"06/23/2008 04:56:26PMAgent (Dustin): "Even if you cancel your contract, you will still be considered an existing customer for 6 months."06/23/2008 04:56:48PMkris: "what you sell iphones?"06/23/2008 04:56:57PMkris: "i mean leave and go to appple"06/23/2008 04:57:05PMkris: "at&t"06/23/2008 04:57:14PMAgent (Dustin): "Do you have any further questions or concerns about Sprint service or products that I can assist you with today?"06/23/2008 04:57:33PMkris: "you should be fired, your worthless"06/23/2008 04:57:50PMAgent (Dustin): "Thank you!"06/23/2008 04:58:11PMkris: "get aids and die"06/23/2008 04:58:41PMAgent (Dustin): "Your a very funny person. I was very happy to assist you today Kris."06/23/2008 04:59:31PMSession Ended

hasEML = false;

but i still like sprint.

wat?

Im not gonna lie you kinda went off for no reason. The same would be said at ANY cell phone company. When you are not eligble they will say you have to wait. That isnt bad customer service that is the rules that YOU signed for in your contract. I told people when I worked at sprint to call retentions and be cool. They will work with you most of the time if you are telling them to die of aids. Say the word cancel and they will go what can we do. I would try that and just dont start flipping out. That will get you no where.

Well enjoy your "instink" phone then. I will be reaping the rewards when the app store is Launched in a couple of weeks and my iPhone will again be able to do way more than it already does.

The iphone is a great phone and the 3g should be even better,

But the instinct is a very close second, if not equal. Is there gonna be a video camera?

Well enjoy your "instink" phone then. I will be reaping the rewards when the app store is Launched in a couple of weeks and my iPhone will again be able to do way more than it already does.

You are the coolest person alive. I envy you lol.

Im not gonna lie you kinda went off for no reason. The same would be said at ANY cell phone company. When you are not eligble they will say you have to wait. That isnt bad customer service that is the rules that YOU signed for in your contract. I told people when I worked at sprint to call retentions and be cool. They will work with you most of the time if you are telling them to die of aids. Say the word cancel and they will go what can we do. I would try that and just dont start flipping out. That will get you no where.

it is simple really. reaming on my contract of 14 months equals 70 x 14 = 980, if i leave they get 200 cancel fee. if they give me the discount i ask for they will lose 200 on the phone but in the end make 980 plus 229 for the phone. seems simple in my eyes to negoiate. which they did, and i will be ordering my new phone friday. thanks tho.

I don't care about the 3G, I am always on Wi Fi anyway, and the only real other difference is GPS in addition to the Cell tower and WiFi triangulation. The battery is supposed to be better but we will see as the 3G will suck battery at a faster rate. I get 2 days out of a charge on my current 16GB phone. The external speaker is better as apple claims. Meh...

Same CPU

Same Size 8GB and 16GB

Same screen

Same software

Same Camera

will you be able to send picture mail?