Craigslist etiquette

TimTaylor751647545500

+rep for all the responses so far!

But anyways, I sold my kayak yesterday to upgrade to a better one and found a great deal on one near Cleveland, but in the 3 days since I sent my initial email, the seller has yet to reply. I mean, drop me a line to say "it's sold" or "fuck off" or whatever. Just hit reply and say "sold". Not that difficult.

patience young grass hopper. some people don't live on the net like us kew people

True, but when you post something for sale, either provide a phone number or check your e-mail daily. And if you've sold it, remove the post.

I sell on CL all the time and only occasionally don't get to replying same day. IMO if they haven't replied, then consider the item sold. They likely just aren't check the email account they are using for the sale.

What do you guys find is the best method in pursuing an item being listed for sale on craigslist that you want to buy yet the seller delays a response to your initial, second or subsequent emails?

Yeah i just sold something on CL tonight, but i at least write to all the emails that i get saying that i sold the item, but i think for the most part if you havent heard anything it most likely means they sold it.

I'm going through the same thing right now. Found a great deal on a car. I email the guy with a few questions, and ask if he is free the following night. He responds to the questions, but doesn't say anything about meeting up. I have since sent him two emails asking him if I can come look at it, and no response. WTF is wrong with people?

Craigslist etiquette does not exist. Everything I've sold/bough/traded has usually entailed some drunken/stoned phone calls, lowballing, trying to trade absolute junk for something nice, and just overall ignorance. I really only trust buying stuff from CR, Slomo, and LS1tech.

In other words, just blow them up.

Guest bimmer95
WTF is wrong with people?

People are generally idiots, especially when the anonymity of the Internet is factored in. They figure if no one knows who they are, there's no reason to be ashamed of their actions.