A/C Help Please

Casper

My 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee's A/C is all fucked up. I took it to a shop. They verified the compressor was blown. I knew this already. They replaced it. Now the compressor works, but still no cold air. Its holding a charge. Yesterday, it started blowing "steam" or "fog" or something smoke like out of the vents when the A/C is on. It blows colder than outside air, but not cold. Any ideas?

I'm not great with A/C but, what shop did you go to? If they over charged the system, the compressor will not kick on. If they just serviced the system, they should take care of any issues.

Guest Removed
bland door motor could be stuck. could be may things tho. doing a a/c compressor and charge. and if it dont blow cold , it should have not left that shop. till the next issue was fixxed. could be as simple as a reset of the a/c controls. is it auto air? is it dual zone?

Also, if they just slapped on a compressor (and the old one had a major internal failure), it's very possible the condenser is full of shrapnel from the old compressor (even if they flushed the system) and will need replaced also. Temp testing the system is the only definitive way to tell.

expansion valve could be screwed or like dave said, could be over charged

All true - would like to see the work order and know what was really done - and the actual condition of the compressor that came off. At this point it's just guesswork. One would think a competant a/c shop would make it right and/or wouldn't have shipped it in the first place.

Guest Removed
One would think a competant a/c shop would make it right and/or wouldn't have shipped it in the first place.

thats what i was saying in my first post. i had one one time another tech put a blend door motor in.(hot on one side, cold on the other.lol).come to find out the blend door for the driver side was broke. jeep had the part in stock for a reason. good thing was i talked the guy into buyying the evap core. it was leaking (most all of them do is those products)

thats what i was saying in my first post.

And I agree - I work for Four Seasons - sell the line, do a ton of training for them and handle warranty. If I could just get more shops to do the complete job the right way in the first place, they'd make money, we'd make money and people would have a/c that worked right the first time. Yea, more will be pissed about the cost the first time, but it's better than being pissed off over and over until they get ti right and you've still piad just as much and wasted a lot more time (and probably cost me money for the "rental parts" to diagnose it)!

Guest Removed
And I agree - I work for Four Seasons - sell the line, do a ton of training for them and handle warranty. If I could just get more shops to do the complete job the right way in the first place, they'd make money, we'd make money and people would have a/c that worked right the first time. Yea, more will be pissed about the cost the first time, but it's better than being pissed off over and over until they get ti right and you've still piad just as much and wasted a lot more time (and probably cost me money for the "rental parts" to diagnose it)!

i miss the r-12 days. ;)

i agree, techs any more will throw parts at a car and guess. educated guess's are ok, but "maybe it's this" just dont cut it. with a set of gauges and a temp gun, i havent failed yet.

My 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee's A/C is all fucked up. I took it to a shop. They verified the compressor was blown. I knew this already. They replaced it. Now the compressor works, but still no cold air. Its holding a charge. Yesterday, it started blowing "steam" or "fog" or something smoke like out of the vents when the A/C is on. It blows colder than outside air, but not cold. Any ideas?

First you need a young priest and an old priest....... Ah fuck it's a Jeep sorry.... You need a bunch of candles, a pentagram, and a live chicken no KFC bull shit.