To build A honda????!!!!

Rhett

So I was just talking to my room mate about making hondas fast. (This Is not a bash thread) But say If you already had a Civic say a 96 EX. And you wanted to get it to a sub 13 second car... what would be a good solid build. Could drive it every day and your not going to blow it up. And how much would it cost??? Just want to prove that it would cost a good amount of money, not cheap!

Guest Removed
we got a d15 with a 150 for about 7 or 8 bottles full(with crappy dpfi). the d16 (mpfi)has had about 12 bottles thru it so far, was reringed about 2 bottles ago.(on a 75 shot) all thru a fogger! my integra had a 60-80 shot dry for over 2 or 3 years!(keeped running to lean and need for fuel but i was to cheap to put money in it!

I mean how long can a d15 hold a 150 shot on stock motor.... and if not what Kind of money are we talking about here.... I am not going to do this. He just says I should have built the civic instead of the mustang I have now.

I mean how long can a d15 hold a 150 shot on stock motor.... and if not what Kind of money are we talking about here.... I am not going to do this. He just says I should have built the civic instead of the mustang I have now.

Well the motor would have blown up on a 150 shot before you got done reading this.

Guest Removed

like i said about 7 bottles worth. it wont handle much of it and we new that going with the big jets! we ended up making a window in the block!

like this!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/milkys%20bottle%20fed%20civic/100_1425.jpg

ask srt4paul. he was racing him when it blew! paul said he was 3 cars out, the he looked back and jeff was at his door! then bang. I seen sparks flying off 71 that night. but we was out the next night with a d16a8 in the car

Guest Removed
Well the motor would have blown up on a 150 shot before you got done reading this.

not if you know what your doing. we sprayed the hell out of one for a few weeks!

There is a whole thread about this very subject in the archives...the complete civic owners swapping guide or something...imho the H/F 22's are WAY to heavy for a civic with out a monster front suspention and something to help with the horrible weight transfer

Our previous Civic ran low 12's on street tires and it took a lot of cash to get it built over the years. I'm sure you could go less crazy than our setup but it was very reliable and ran for 5+ years daily driven and still runs except some old guy ran a stop light and t-boned the front end of the car so it's being swapped into a new shell. I would say we easily spent over 10K over the years. Dart block, custom intercooler, gator axles, turbo setup, etc.

Guest EM1 2ENVY
GSR Motor + 3076R turbo = 300whp = Low 13, high 12sec honda

/thread. :D

honda's are so easy to make fast on a cheap buget. B series swap and a good turbo kit will get you 12's without cracking open the motor and it will last you as long as your smart and take care of it.

There is a whole thread about this very subject in the archives...the complete civic owners swapping guide or something...imho the H/F 22's are WAY to heavy for a civic with out a monster front suspention and something to help with the horrible weight transfer

Are you serious? The F series might weigh 10 pounds or so more than a B series and it makes WAY more torque.

K series and the mounts are retarded expensive, when i think Honda i think cheap.