ford techs

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112

anyone here a tech at a ford stealership? i have a hydraulic lifter that needs to be replaced but i dont want to spend $100 on the tool that i need to do it...anyone able to borrow it and help me out / let me borrow it from you, or if you work at the stealership would you cut me a deal and swap the lifter for cheaper than ass-rape cost? me and my dad were going to do it, shouldnt be hard at all, but that damn tool... $100 tool to replace a $12 part....

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00971801000P

just gotta pull the valve cover, and swap the lifter....10minute job after the valve cover is off

if anyone has one of these tools ide be willing to pay like $25 to borrow it from you

You dont need a special tool to get the followers out of a mod motor, just put it on the base circle of the cam and pop it out and then back in with a large screwdriver. Thats how it was done before the special tools, the tool makes it easier, but its not needed at all. You dont need to compress the valve spring.

Guest Removed
You dont need a special tool to get the followers out of a mod motor, just put it on the base circle of the cam and pop it out and then back in with a large screwdriver. Thats how it was done before the special tools, the tool makes it easier, but its not needed at all. You dont need to compress the valve spring.

i have used a pry bar! ;)

Guest tbutera2112
i have it if you wanna borrow it.

good deal man, after me and gearhead get done playin with my car this weekend ill hit you up and hopefully borrow it from you next weekend

i have used a pry bar! ;)

You know all about the early 4.6l motors in the vics, 200k+ kicking followers out. The fix was to pop em back in with a pry bar.

Guest Removed
good deal man, after me and gearhead get done playin with my car this weekend ill hit you up and hopefully borrow it from you next weekend

if we had more time friday, i could pop it in without the tool in about 30mins or less.

Guest Removed
You know all about the early 4.6l motors in the vics, 200k+ kicking followers out. The fix was to pop em back in with a pry bar.

you know it :)

Guest Removed
if you could get an early 4.6 to go 200k without eating the rings or wasting the valve guides

cpd cars and taxis.300k plus!

even with the rings gone, leaking oil out the exhuast bolts, guides gone etc.