Backpack Recommendation

cheezeberger07

hey guys

im gunna start taking some road trips on the bike next year and i was just wondering what kind of backpack would be best to buy. I've heard that Oakley and Ogio make good backpacks, but i was just wondering what some of your recommendations would be. thank you.

I use my backpack a lot, but I think the best route to go would be a magnetic tank bag.

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Joe_Rocket_Manta_XL_Tank_Bag--610024.html

Sucks that the GS500F seat is a one piece, there's a lot of companies that make bags for the pillion seat when you're riding solo, but that's not really an option for you.

i typically just use my cheapie wal-mart backpack

i don't feel it on with my jacket

some other guys use bike specific bags i guess

say they're more comfortable and don't have straps hitting you

+!

Yeah what ever fits you best. I wanted a few cause they looked "cool". But were so small they looked like i stole it from a child. So whatever is big enough and comfy.

I got the 2007 version of this one from THOR. Pretty happy with it.

http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydirect/productPagedetails.asp?ImageName=09-THOR-BCKPCK-TECH-BLACK.jpg&Brand=THOR&Class2=Personal%20Luggage&Class3=Backpacks&Class1=ATV%20PRODUCTS

I use a camel back cloud walker. Plenty of room to store shit and has the ole water pouch in it.

really? how often do you use a camel pack cuz i got one for christmas and have been debatin on returning it simply cuz i dont think i will use it that often

really? how often do you use a camel pack cuz i got one for christmas and have been debatin on returning it simply cuz i dont think i will use it that often

I use mine quite a bit on rides in the summer. Staying hydrated makes hot days seem much cooler and keeps you from getting fatigued quickly; keeping you focused.

I don't like backpacks for long rides.

Someone above mentioned the Nelson Rigg saddle bags. That's what I've got for my bike. Used them to go to Deals Gap and back for a weekend. They worked outstanding and doesn't put near the stress on your back. Also they have the capability of attaching a top bag for more storage. i got mine for a good deal on newenough.com.

I use it constantly. It is really nice cause the water stays cold. I dont leave the mouth piece in I clip it to the shoulder strap. It was kindy tricky undoing it and taking a drink but I got it down to a science now.

I use my FOX RACING backpack. it has plenty of room, a rain cover that stores in a hidden pocket, spot for a camel back, sternum and stomach straps! plus i have a JOE ROCKET mag tank bag if i dont need to carry much!

I have saddle bags from nelson rigg that work well on sportbikes... also tail bags from iron rider that hold bunches of stuff... that way you don't get tired from having something extra on your shoulders all day...

I bought all my bags from Iron Pony....:badgerrock:

I use it constantly. It is really nice cause the water stays cold. I dont leave the mouth piece in I clip it to the shoulder strap. It was kindy tricky undoing it and taking a drink but I got it down to a science now.

do you only use water or have you tried like gatorade or something of that nature

Walmart sells 'water bladders' for like $10. That's what I use in my backpack...much cheaper than a camelbak and if it gets nasty just buy a new one. I fill it about 3/4 full with water and throw it in the freezer the night before the ride. They tell you not to use any sport drinks in them..I'm guessing they can grow stuff if you don't clean them out well. I clean mine with baking soda and water, then lemon juice, then rinse it clean. I usually store it empty in the freezer, too. Last thing you want is diarrhea on a ride b/c your camelbak was growing some nasty bugs. :puke: