Backpack Recommendation

cheezeberger07

I use my backpack a lot, but I think the best route to go would be a magnetic tank bag.

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Joe_Rocket_Manta_XL_Tank_Bag--610024.html

Sucks that the GS500F seat is a one piece, there's a lot of companies that make bags for the pillion seat when you're riding solo, but that's not really an option for you.

I have saddle bags from nelson rigg that work well on sportbikes... also tail bags from iron rider that hold bunches of stuff... that way you don't get tired from having something extra on your shoulders all day...

I use my FOX RACING backpack. it has plenty of room, a rain cover that stores in a hidden pocket, spot for a camel back, sternum and stomach straps! plus i have a JOE ROCKET mag tank bag if i dont need to carry much!

My seats 1 piece too......I just use the cargo net to hold mine down. I never wear my packs

I've got a FOX pack too, which seems very well constructed & I used for the Jim Beam Ride, and also have Nelson Riggs saddle bags. Got a deal on those from Dennis Kirk for $25 on closeout. Haven't used them still, but at that price, knew they'd come in handy eventually.

That Jim Beam ride started in the 40's when I left home, and got up in the 80's when we were in Kentucky, so I needed a bigger bag for a wide variety of gear. In hindsight.....I probably should've used the saddlebags, as that FOX fully loaded was too bulky on the back seat, and I felt like it was slowin' me down in the twisties. Have a smaller EastPak that I use when I've only got a few things I need to carry. I've had that one for 10-15 years, and use her for all kinds of stuff, so she's definitely well built

Sam's got a really nice OGIO tank bank that he likes. I've always lusted after the Icon one that turns into a backpack with straps to carry your helmet down below, but just don't think I'd like something that big/bulky in front of me on the tank.

Edited by Fonzie

I wasnt sure how i would like my Joe Rocket tank bag but its actually not too bad. i cant hug the tank as much as i would like but its kinda a nice resting pad for my chest plus my jacket cant scratch the paint. i guess when it all comes down to it it's rider pref.