I Broke Down

Guest Hal

At Sonic because my car is dumb. I was pulling out to go home and the car stalled. When I tried to restart it, it wouldn't stay running. The car was puffing a ton of black smoke and cutting out.

Fast forward 5 minutes and we find that my intake tube separated after the MAF. Nice sized vacuum leak if I do say so myself. This car is embarrassing sometimes.

Good news is, all the major issues are gone. Only stupid little things go wrong now.

Thanks Rob, Thorne, Aj, Kurt, and Cam. Took a lot of minds to find that damn thing lol.

I'm going to spray some on tomorrow and recheck those pipes. I hadn't heard that before.

I think the only one there for smartass comments was the Trans Am guy. I think that's the only time I've been called out with a broken car.

Weld a bead on the pipe ends -- trust me, it saves you from many headaches.

Hard to weld steel to silicon. I'm going to have Rob make me a better pipe for it. Right now it's not setup near the way I want it.

you must have missed the clean low mile one owner comment from me then haha. Thorn got a good laugh out of it.

Oh I heard it. But the only thing that was going through my mind was: F-O-R-D, fix or repair daily, fucked on race day....u get the jist :D

Good luck with the car Hal and seeya on Sunday!

F***in Old Rebuilt Dodge.I joked about mine breaking down every time I took it out of the garage.If i had a dime for every alternator and ignition module that went out I'd retire.I had an ignition module die in the pits at NTR.I went to start it to run and nothing.I walked away pissed and watched my buddy run and went back and started it right up.Then about 2 miles from home it died on me so after that I started carrying a module and the tools with me.

Get use to it Hal, hate to say but goin fast is goin to lead to alot of stupid issues like this one.

But I'm slow?

Did you really have many issues with the 'Vette?

Wat?

Nate was saying weld a bead to the STEEL pipe for the SILICON coupler to slide over and clamp.

Shhh, I was tired. Being awake that actually looks like a good idea.

Damn Hal. You and I both know that headaches are going to follow.. lets just hope they are few and far between. Dont get frustrated (like me) just learn from every break and do some homeade fabricating to lessen the chance of it happening again.

I'm not sure how big your pipes are but I have some extra pipe and couplers if you wanted to try to fab something up with more holding power.

good to hear hal. can't wait to see your numbers.

and to all the ford comments about reliability/etc., my car has never left me stranded, never had one reliability issue at all, has every single component intact and working from the factory, stock clutch/tranny/rear end, and made over 600rwhp on brian's dyno--and i've had the big blower on the car for almost 2 years. these cars were built for big boost, and big abuse (within reason). carry on.