iPhone users firmware 2.0 is available early.

SpaceGhost

It fixes some things I suppose, but this is the big update for the app store and all the games and applications now you can buy a download and run on the phone. Super Monkey ball is a killer game. Also this update now makes the iPhone able to do "push" e-mail and calendering. It also turns my phone into a remote for my Apple TV. If you go to Apple.com all the info is there.

the update is not available through iTunes FYI, you need the updated iTunes so install it but go to Macrumors.com to get the firmware. It is rumored that the firmware will be available through iTunes later today if you don't want to do it manually, I did and have no issues.

the update is not available through iTunes FYI, you need the updated iTunes so install it but go to Macrumors.com to get the firmware. It is rumored that the firmware will be available through iTunes later today if you don't want to do it manually, I did and have no issues.

Ahh... I didn't notice that until I read into it further. All I saw "2.0 update" haha.

Installing it now :)

Picking up a 3G one tomorrow, I am pretty excited. A lot of people can't see past the out of the box features of a phone. I am more excited about whats to come for the iPhone platform through the apps store and the SDK...

....and Super Monkey Ball looks really badass....

Okay, my phone is screwed.

Tried to update to the new version and I got a error: The iPhone "iPhone" could not be updated. An unknown error occurred (5).

Then the iPhone displayed the USB cord and the iTunes logo. iTunes said it had to restore everything on it which took 15 minutes... tried to do the update again and got the same error. Restoring AGAIN... and I'll be waiting until the official update from iTunes comes out later today.

Okay, my phone is screwed.

Tried to update to the new version and I got a error: The iPhone "iPhone" could not be updated. An unknown error occurred (5).

Then the iPhone displayed the USB cord and the iTunes logo. iTunes said it had to restore everything on it which took 15 minutes... tried to do the update again and got the same error. Restoring AGAIN... and I'll be waiting until the official update from iTunes comes out later today.

Mine updated fine, I was just playin Super Monkey ball it's pretty hard. Loopt is cool, I am getting that on my wife's as well iPhone and we will know where each other are at at all times. I have the MLB Baseball "at Bat" on the phone, and am watching the tigers game. Pretty cool with the video clips right after they happen. Joyce just hit a 2 run HR. The epocrates program is cool, you can look up any drug and find info with pics of the drug.

The guy I bought my 16gb iPod touch from had to have me wait a while cause he had 2.0 on it. Its been out to developers for a while now apparently.

He showed me 2.0 and there is very little that's new in it. That and you can't jailbreak it yet.