this is not good.

Ramsey

This Georges wife just let you guys know. I know they said George was legally drunk but his alcohol level was 0.08. And they keep insisting that i was video tapping that night after an anonymous phone called was received by someone from columbus racing. I was never video taping that night and i am glad Monica is doing better but my husband still paid the ultimate price he is dead and my children and I are left to deal with all this crap. What happened was an accident. Every time I think we are starting to heal from this more shit comes up and it just sucks.

This Georges wife just let you guys know. I know they said George was legally drunk but his alcohol level was 0.08.

I'm not trying to nit-pick, but 0.08 is legally drunk.

I'm sorry for your loss and I hope it's something people can learn from.

You're right, two people paid a dear price. More than two....their entire group of family and friends.

Hopefully some good will come from this. It's up to you and Monica and everyone else to make that happen though. I don't believe anything just happens. Bad things happen to good people and that applies to both sides. Now it's time to make good things happen to many more.

The only insight I can provide is to not let the negative things impact anyone after today. It's not going to be easy, but hopefully everyone will put the bad aside and make a change for the positive with what is left. There's a lot of time left before the pain goes away, but unless something is done to make a difference, nothing is left but a family without a father and another family filled with anger. Hopefully that won't remain the case.

Prayers to both families from mine.

my husband still paid the ultimate price he is dead and my children and I are left to deal with all this crap. What happened was an accident. Every time I think we are starting to heal from this more shit comes up and it just sucks.

I'm not trying to nit-pick, but 0.08 is legally drunk.

I'm sorry for your loss and I hope it's something people can learn from.

True ... that meets (b) as defined below. What I didn't know was all the other ways they can run a test for "legally drunk" to find one that you fail.

So if you fail any one of the 9 tests below you're drunk...even if you pass the other 8. ...now that's just not right.

4511.19 Operating vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs - OVI.

(A)(1) No person shall operate any vehicle, streetcar, or trackless trolley within this state, if, at the time of the operation, any of the following apply:

(a) The person is under the influence of alcohol, a drug of abuse, or a combination of them.

(b) The person has a concentration of eight-hundredths of one per cent or more but less than seventeen-hundredths of one per cent by weight per unit volume of alcohol in the person’s whole blood.

© The person has a concentration of ninety-six-thousandths of one per cent or more but less than two hundred four-thousandths of one per cent by weight per unit volume of alcohol in the person’s blood serum or plasma.

(d) The person has a concentration of eight-hundredths of one gram or more but less than seventeen-hundredths of one gram by weight of alcohol per two hundred ten liters of the person’s breath.

(e) The person has a concentration of eleven-hundredths of one gram or more but less than two hundred thirty-eight-thousandths of one gram by weight of alcohol per one hundred milliliters of the person’s urine.

(f) The person has a concentration of seventeen-hundredths of one per cent or more by weight per unit volume of alcohol in the person’s whole blood.

(g) The person has a concentration of two hundred four-thousandths of one per cent or more by weight per unit volume of alcohol in the person’s blood serum or plasma.

(h) The person has a concentration of seventeen-hundredths of one gram or more by weight of alcohol per two hundred ten liters of the person’s breath.

(i) The person has a concentration of two hundred thirty-eight-thousandths of one gram or more by weight of alcohol per one hundred milliliters of the person’s urine.

Why is that not right? You don't have to blow a .08 to be impaired. You can test .04 and still end up in front of a judge. My wife's had a handful of cases like that....one where the dumb ass was very likely just being a dick and pissing around and ended up cuffed and booked. Eventually plead down but it cost him more than his car was worth.

If someone is in fact drunk or even just impaired, I personally don't care how they find out or prove it. So long as they are off the streets and pay the price. Buzz Driving is Drunk Driving and a buzz of even a .04 affects everyone to a different degree.

True ... that meets (b) as defined below. What I didn't know was all the other ways they can run a test for "legally drunk" to find one that you fail.

So if you fail any one of the 9 tests below you're drunk...even if you pass the other 8. ...now that's just not right.

This Georges wife just let you guys know. I know they said George was legally drunk but his alcohol level was 0.08. And they keep insisting that i was video tapping that night after an anonymous phone called was received by someone from columbus racing. I was never video taping that night and i am glad Monica is doing better but my husband still paid the ultimate price he is dead and my children and I are left to deal with all this crap. What happened was an accident. Every time I think we are starting to heal from this more shit comes up and it just sucks.

The guy that kept posting false information on Craigslist also called reporters and police and made false claims saying he was from this website. He had been previously diagnosed with psychological issues.

Just out of curiosity... have you talked to Monica at all?