7/20-Porsche Club Auto X

Erica

I will confirm at work today what the cost is. Last event i paid $25, but i will check to be sure!

Super laid back, they are strict on helmets, SNEL 2000 and up, not sure what the DOT rating should be. They do have loaner helmets. This event is nothing like SCCA events, lucky if we see 40 cars. I'll be there either in the MR2, a Green 911, or an Ultralite. Not sure which lol. Oh and like hardly anybody hits cones, so you stand there and watch pretty much haha.

BRING SUN SCREEN

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to an event held by these guys one time in the Akron area. They got mad at me because I have an open dump and it was too loud for them. All while they let a lotus race car with a buick V8 and open headers run with no problems because he could run a time 2 times as quick as anyone else. I was pretty pissed hearing this from a "racing" organization. :(

I went to an event held by these guys one time in the Akron area. They got mad at me because I have an open dump and it was too loud for them. All while they let a lotus race car with a buick V8 and open headers run with no problems because he could run a time 2 times as quick as anyone else. I was pretty pissed hearing this from a "racing" organization. :(

Uh the PCA isn't a "racing" organization...

Was Anthony right about the loaner helmets?

Yeah they have a tub of loaner helmets just like SCCA. I was going to say i might have my dad's, but he will be at NTR with the kart.

I am driving the MR2 Pat, so we can just 2 driver it....I think I'm going to drive the ultralite for the fun runs. Erica's cousin's b/f is going to try and come in his S2K, so I may drive that at some point as well as Erica's car sort of like as an instructor would. This should be a really fun event though!

couple other questions I forgot to ask. Am I allowed to ride along with my wife when she drives? If she's shy about doing the corner work, can I do it for her? What are the rules regarding sharing a car?

also, anybody know what class my M3 will be in to save me some time/trouble? I'm too lazy to take off the x-brace which I think puts me out of any ST classes last time I checked. Other mods would be coilovers/camber plates/exhaust/intake/front sway bar. Couple of goofy things that'd likely also mess with me are that i have aftermarket adjustable rear camber arms, the 3.5" MAF from the euro M3s, and the injectors from a 96+ M3. If it's just easier to sign up in a mod class I'm fine with that, i'm not really going for glory anyway and would rather not have somebody pissed and protesting me.

couple other questions I forgot to ask. Am I allowed to ride along with my wife when she drives? If she's shy about doing the corner work, can I do it for her? What are the rules regarding sharing a car?

also, anybody know what class my M3 will be in to save me some time/trouble? I'm too lazy to take off the x-brace which I think puts me out of any ST classes last time I checked. Other mods would be coilovers/camber plates/exhaust/intake/front sway bar. Couple of goofy things that'd likely also mess with me are that i have aftermarket adjustable rear camber arms, the 3.5" MAF from the euro M3s, and the injectors from a 96+ M3. If it's just easier to sign up in a mod class I'm fine with that, i'm not really going for glory anyway and would rather not have somebody pissed and protesting me.

If she has not raced in an event before she will be in x women's class and with less than a year of driving she will be a novice...so if i'm not mistaken you are allowed to ride with her i'm not sure about the corner work thats more of a question to ask sean(crossle)