7/20-Porsche Club Auto X

Erica

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

couple other questions I forgot to ask. Am I allowed to ride along with my wife when she drives? If she's shy about doing the corner work, can I do it for her? What are the rules regarding sharing a car?

Usually there are two run groups, they split all the cars in half. If there is a two driver car they usually have it run both heats, one driver one heat, the other the next heat. I think it's mainly because of how quickly the heats flow since there aren't many people. Since normally you would run the two driver cars first then switch and get back in line on grid. I'm sure, if you talked to the event coordinators you could work something out, it's real laid back.

You are allowed to have riders if you are a novice. (Less than one full season of autocross experience) You are allowed riders during the "fun runs" at the end regardless of experience.

Corner working is also really laid back, if there are enough people she won't have to work possibly, but it's a lot of fun....for a little bit haha. Usually the older folks don't go out and work at all. There will be a whole lot of us youngins there.

Usually there are two run groups, they split all the cars in half. If there is a two driver car they usually have it run both heats, one driver one heat, the other the next heat. I think it's mainly because of how quickly the heats flow since there aren't many people. Since normally you would run the two driver cars first then switch and get back in line on grid. I'm sure, if you talked to the event coordinators you could work something out, it's real laid back.

You are allowed to have riders if you are a novice. (Less than one full season of autocross experience) You are allowed riders during the "fun runs" at the end regardless of experience.

Corner working is also really laid back, if there are enough people she won't have to work possibly, but it's a lot of fun....for a little bit haha. Usually the older folks don't go out and work at all. There will be a whole lot of us youngins there.

blahblahblahblahblah....

I was at the scca event at national trails. Tell them to schedule their events on my off weekends next time, please :D

thats what we are trying to do becuase we only had about 18 cars out! And there's a big intrest in it...

I was at the scca event at national trails. Tell them to schedule their events on my off weekends next time, please :D

I talked to the event chair yesterday at work for a little bit and expressed to him that he needs to sit down with the SCCA calender and schedule their next couple of events around SCCA's events. I will post up future events as they come up. They are really looking forward to having a larger crowd even if they are not Porsche's.