Help with my suspension

Veritas

Trying to break into the roadracing thing, or at least going to do some scca events this summer before its up and I've got nary a clue on how or what makes a suspension superb/shitty or anything like that.

I'm pretty sure im needing to replace my front shocks at this point in my talon, but I want to get something equal to what they are but actually understanding/knowing what it is. :p

Anyone have any friendly links on good solid info about suspension setups that aren't product placement ad things from google? >.<

Or is there anyone local into DSM's that wouldn't mind clueing me in over some beer or some such? It's been a while since i've gone out.

Hmm.. I don't know a lot about DSM suspension, so I can't recommend specific parts. (Now if you had a subaru... ;) ) But you don't want to lower it too much. Macpherson strut suspensions don't like to be lowered a lot; you'll fall out of the sweet spot of the camber curve and your rollcenter will drop too low.

Sways are always good.

Currently the car's got agx 4 way adjustable struts in the front, 8 ways in the rear. But the front driver side... something, is squeeking and i'm sure after 4 or so years this suspension needs a good tending to.

Anyways the girl wants a wrx, but an auto :p So maybe eventually..

I would stay with some kind of adjustable strut so you can switch to a softer setting for the street unless you want to spend big money to adjust the roll center of the car don't lower more than 1-1.5" bigger sway bars sticky tires heavy duty link pins and swaybar bushings and then you can change your control arm bushings and stuff out for urethane stuff

thats the basics I'd buy a kit from a dsm place so you get a matched set of parts