2nd full pass in my Supra tonight....

ohioko4s4

What do you think caused the fan to go? Excessive G-forces on the bearings? 1.35 60' is a hard pull. Have you checked the wiring/amp draw maybe your voltage regulator circuit is off and overdriving it at high rpm?

I would be surprised if it was random... If it were my car I would fab up an aluminum grid to stop it before it hits the $$$ turbo impeller again.

looks wild though!

We adjusted it in netrual....the bolts seem to keep loosening up even with a ton of loctite....so we may end up justing welding them in place.

Is there anything close to fab up a sort of stage 8 header bolt fastener to lock them down?

Awesome. :eek:

Kinda off-topic:

Jamie, does Accelerated handle MKIII's? Are they pretty good on price? If I can't figure out my current problem, I may be taking it to a shop and want one very familiar with Supras. Thanks.

Motec. You should see the logs and how stable the boost is. We're using twin Tial 44 gates and a Full-Race divided manifold. It varies within a couple .2 psi the entire run. By far the best set-up we've used.

I figured it was motec!

.2 psi variance is flawless! Very good thought out engineering! The small issues will widdle themselves out!

Again best of luck!

Awesome. :eek:

Kinda off-topic:

Jamie, does Accelerated handle MKIII's? Are they pretty good on price? If I can't figure out my current problem, I may be taking it to a shop and want one very familiar with Supras. Thanks.

They do work on MKIII's....Don and Russ have each owed a couple in the past. In fact Russ at AP likes them better! :D

What do you think caused the fan to go? Excessive G-forces on the bearings? 1.35 60' is a hard pull. Have you checked the wiring/amp draw maybe your voltage regulator circuit is off and overdriving it at high rpm?

I would be surprised if it was random... If it were my car I would fab up an aluminum grid to stop it before it hits the $$$ turbo impeller again.

looks wild though!

We're going to look into whether it was FOD or lateral forces on that launch that caused it to touch the side. It's nearly impossible to overdrive it.

Guest Removed
We adjusted it in netrual....the bolts seem to keep loosening up even with a ton of loctite....so we may end up justing welding them in place.

then do what the roundy pounders do. helicoil and put silicon on them. no more coming loose. ;)

we would helicoil every bolt in the car and do that to them. i put some silicon on my header bolt and they dont back out anymore either :cool: