Who's good with tuning around Columbus/Cincinnati? E-manage Ultimate

spankis

I'm not asking for myself, but for a Cincy guy I met over the weekend at a small 3000gt meet. He's got an award-winning car, and it should be making waaaaay more power than it is. The car is a VR-4 and the motor is a built twin-turbo 3.0 with a generously upgraded turbo setup, I think DR-400s or 650s, I'm not real familiar with them.

Anyway, he's tuning with an Emanage Ultimate ( the one with the injector sizing functionality ), and has been unhappy/untrusting of some of the people he's looked into tuning it so far. Who could I recommend him to that does good work and is familar with the Ultimate?

Hey man not to thread jack but I think I saw your ride at Rollas? Anyways thoose coil overs are big money huh? :)

Yea, that's my car, Rolla's been a big help with getting it all done, I spent more than a few nights over there after work.

As far as price, they're not too bad for serious coilovers. The reason for their cost is their damping adjustability rather than just a threaded height adjustment. The car should handle REALLY well when it's done, and you saw how good she looks ;).

Now onto good tuners :).

P.S. - Rolla mentioned "Nate" on here was good with tuning, anybody know whether he might fit the bill?

Does the car have a MAP sensor or still on the factory MAF? The car will be severely limited (Regardless of turbos) if it doesn't have minimally a MAF/MAP set-up already installed.

We just tuned an Emanage Ultimate VR4 last week that is currently 2nd on the highest-horsepower TD04 turbo list and is coming back once his paint-work is finished to break the world record in a few weeks.

IMO great tuning is as much about knowing the vehicle (And its particular quirks and characteristics) as the specific set-up the tuning is being done with.

Depending on the rest of the cars set-up, the "Problem" with low(er) power might not have anything to do with tuning at all...

Jeff

Does the car have a MAP sensor or still on the factory MAF? The car will be severely limited (Regardless of turbos) if it doesn't have minimally a MAF/MAP set-up already installed.

We just tuned an Emanage Ultimate VR4 last week that is currently 2nd on the highest-horsepower TD04 turbo list and is coming back once his paint-work is finished to break the world record in a few weeks.

IMO great tuning is as much about knowing the vehicle (And its particular quirks and characteristics) as the specific set-up the tuning is being done with.

Depending on the rest of the cars set-up, the "Problem" with low(er) power might not have anything to do with tuning at all...

Jeff

I'm not sure whether or not the car is still factory MAF or not, I could find out I suppose. I believe it's an IPS-built motor, and he's happy with it, but for whatever reason he was looking to someone else for tuning.

I'm not sure whether or not the car is still factory MAF or not, I could find out I suppose. I believe it's an IPS-built motor, and he's happy with it, but for whatever reason he was looking to someone else for tuning.

Have him give me a call and I can walk him through some of the potential issues / problems regardless of who he wants to tune the car. It will most likely save him a ton of time/money in going to somebody that isn't overly familiar with the platform if it indeed is more of a "Set-up" issue.

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...