NASA HPDE Aug. 15-17

Dr. Apex

I figured I'd get this started ahead of time. Next month from August 15-17 is the next NASA event at Mid-Ohio. All the usual race groups and a full schedule of HPDE will be going on. http://racenasa.nasamidwest.com/season/event_info.asp?eventid=8056 Sign up soon before the classes fill up!!

I will be attending my first HPDE and first time ever on a road course at this event. Anyone else on here planning on going?? Hell volunteer for the weekend and start building some credits for free track time next season!!

I figured I'd get this started ahead of time. Next month from August 15-17 is the next NASA event at Mid-Ohio. All the usual race groups and a full schedule of HPDE will be going on. http://racenasa.nasamidwest.com/season/event_info.asp?eventid=8056 Sign up soon before the classes fill up!!

I will be attending my first HPDE and first time ever on a road course at this event. Anyone else on here planning on going?? Hell volunteer for the weekend and start building some credits for free track time next season!!

I'll say hello to you there. :thumbup:

Hopefully it doesn't rain this time.

Jake, that's not a dumb question at all. It's you driving your car on tracks like Mid-Ohio with instruction when you start out.

Rob, good to hear and those are damn good tires! We're camping up there the whole weekend so if you want bring a sleeping bag and you can crash with us, I have a tent for up to 8.

Sorry for sounding really dumb but can you explain what this actually is? Is it like an AutoX trial type thing?

it's the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

and the most track time per dollar of any other auto event.

you get 4 20 minute sessions per day with class room instruction after, when your done with that you can watch the other race classes race but your so busy you rarely have time.

you drive as fast as you feel comfortable.

midohio is a 2.4 mile 15 turn road course. if you go to their website you can watch a video of a lap. we run full track no chicayne.

oh and if i was to auto-x my car i would never leave 1st gear

racing at mid-ohio i top out 4th 130-140 MPH.

Jake, that's not a dumb question at all. It's you driving your car on tracks like Mid-Ohio with instruction when you start out.

Rob, good to hear and those are damn good tires! We're camping up there the whole weekend so if you want bring a sleeping bag and you can crash with us, I have a tent for up to 8.

and that might be a possibility i usually drive to and from the track everyday.

Actually nelson ledges is the best bang for the buck...$120 bucks... atleast 5 20 minute sessions...smaller course but still a blast...I top out around 110 there on the back straight before having to let out.

OK i meant road racing in general is the best bang for the buck.

is that for the nasa event or the rental?

when are you guys renting it out again?

and that might be a possibility i usually drive to and from the track everyday.

We're going to play it by ear with the weather, if it's going to be rough we may drive back but don't plan on it as driving back and forth is taxing and not cheap.

I'm kinda hoping it rains all 3 days, then your all screwed!!

The oil comes up in the rain and everyone is screwed. When I went in April, they almost sent home a WRX driver for going off-track 3 times in the rain. :D

• 2 weeks later...