NASA HPDE Aug. 15-17

Dr. Apex

Wow!! I've never had so much fun in 3 days of my life!! I seriously don't know why I havn't been doing this for years. I am a better driver in every way from 3 days ago, and now I'm dead fucking tired.

I have plenty of video that I'll uploading to the computer this week then when I get somewhere with a fast connection I'll put up a session online.

It's making noises in the front suspension, I think we asked a little too much from it. Even with the hawk pads and high temp dot 3 fluid we got some pretty bad brake fade, it needs dot 4 for sure. I also noticed thew exhaust got hot enough to sorta melt the sound deadening in the trunk right above the muffler.

Basically, it's the base model and not meant for the track at all.

Adam, he's as guilty as I am, we both drove it.

Coty, I'm sure the seat time is prolly better and less traffic with the PCA but the instruction is priceless from the NASA guys. The only issue I had was some of the other group 1 drivers that have never been on any track and really slow down the first session, otherwise it was great.

I want to run my 1G on Mid-Ohio so bad, but I am so very afraid of nuking the motor due to heat. I know, I'm a puss :D

I need to get my weird ass understeer problem figured out before I do anything anyway.

90% sure it's the driver gasket. ;) Not meant to be offensive, but I was once in the same boat; I assumed that my car was just biased toward understeer... then I got some instruction. :) How you drive is important, sign up for HPDE 1 and see if you still think the same about the car when you're done. :cool:

Well, if the suspension was still the old setup I would agree with you. I just put K-Sport full coilovers on it recently though. It went from not-too-good around corners to pure-ass around corners. The weird part is that I notice a significant amount of understeer more into a left turn than a right one. I do not have a front strut tower bar yet, but I would not think it would make THAT much of a difference. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I am a suspension n00b.

I'm running Sumitomo HTRZs. The stiffness is set to the lowest setting all the way around and it feels like more than enough for the street. I do have quite a bit of negative rear camber because there is no adjustment for it anywhere.

Ben, I'm feeling the exact same way after just one day of DE with the Porsche Club. I can't wait to get back tomorrow and get some more laps in. I have learned so much and have gained much more conifidence in driving.

Shit man...how on earth did I forget you were going to be there for the PCA event. I even noted the good looking GTI and completely forgot it was you. I was parked way at the other end of the garages from you. You should have come over and pointed out to my dumb butt who you were. Sorry for completely not introducing myself.

Andy

Shit man...how on earth did I forget you were going to be there for the PCA event. I even noted the good looking GTI and completely forgot it was you. I was parked way at the other end of the garages from you. You should have come over and pointed out to my dumb butt who you were. Sorry for completely not introducing myself.

Andy

Yea I heard your an ass like that.lol ;)

Yea I heard your an ass like that.lol ;)

You missed out man. There was NOBODY there. More track time than normal, and outstanding weather.

Only event I've ever been to at Mid Ohio that was more lightly attended was a private rental a couple of years ago.

Andy

Andy

Ha, I forgot about you, too. I thought that GT3 with the tiny exhaust looked familiar. Unfortunatly, I left early yesterday after noticing I was blowing oil out of my dipstick and oil cap. Looks like I broke my PCV valve, so I didn't wanna risk anything that would piss off the other drivers.

Ha, I forgot about you, too. I thought that GT3 with the tiny exhaust looked familiar. Unfortunatly, I left early yesterday after noticing I was blowing oil out of my dipstick and oil cap. Looks like I broke my PCV valve, so I didn't wanna risk anything that would piss off the other drivers.

Ha...thanks. Mine's a regular 3.4L, 295hp 996 with the factory aero bits, I sure wish it was a GT3 though. At least I've got mandrel bent pipes on there now and no more crimp bends. Just can't force myself to put tips on there when I take those pipes off and put mufflers back on the car for the street.

Sucks about the PCV valve. Hope to see you at more events in the future.

Andy