LT1 trouble

Reed44

The car will die when you first start it up if you dont hold the gas for 5-10 seconds. It will also cut-out or bog when I get on it. It seems to be pretty rich but I contacted pcmforless and they sware up and down that there is nothing wrong with the tune. So what do you guys think? I am coming home this weekend with the car and will be at a meet if someone wants to look at it in person.

Opti, Ignition Control Module, ignition coil, or a burnt plug wire.

More likely the coil. The Opti usually cuts out at higher RPMS, the IGM usually just craps out and the car won't start, and a plug wire only if you recently did wires. Their stock routing sucks ass.

I've seen coils go bad quite a few times on these things, and replacing them is cheap and simple to rule them out.

Guest Removed

need to look at the data stream to look at it.

look at the motor and car all you want. your going to see a lt1.

but without diag tools and so on you can sit there and guess all day long.

whats fuel pressure/volume? wave form on cam and crank sensors? pw on cranking so on and so forth?

Opti, Ignition Control Module, ignition coil, or a burnt plug wire.

More likely the coil. The Opti usually cuts out at higher RPMS, the IGM usually just craps out and the car won't start, and a plug wire only if you recently did wires. Their stock routing sucks ass.

the dizzy is a big issue with these. but was it doing it before the tune or ?

need to look at the data stream to look at it.

look at the motor and car all you want. your going to see a lt1.

but without diag tools and so on you can sit there and guess all day long.

whats fuel pressure/volume? wave form on cam and crank sensors? pw on cranking so on and so forth?

the dizzy is a big issue with these. but was it doing it before the tune or ?

+1^^^^ MAF?? intake gasket leaking?? fuel pressure????

I would only consider the tune if it's new to the car. Otherwise live data on a scan tool is your friend, that might point you in the right direction. Rob and Anthony speak truth, but I would be looking at a couple simple things like the map sensor or the vacuum line running to it. This is where watching live data could show abnormal information. Just my $.02, good luck.

Lol. ls1=$. It has new plugs and wires, tr55's, accell 30 ignition and msd blaster coil along with a new waterpump and vented opti. Where do I go about seeing it with live data? Who has it? New gasket everywhere, dont know what the fuel pressure is? It is definitally runing rich though. Does this car has an adjustable stock regulator?

Lol. ls1=$. It has new plugs and wires, tr55's, accell 30 ignition and msd blaster coil along with a new waterpump and vented opti. Where do I go about seeing it with live data? Who has it? New gasket everywhere, dont know what the fuel pressure is? It is definitally runing lean though. Does this car has an adjustable stock regulator?

if it's running lean, check fuel pressure, fuel filter restricted? stock fuel pressure regulator is non-adjustable. possibly bad fuel pump, HOWEVER!! don't be like phil (Bro Rape) and run it out of gas

Guest Removed
Lol. ls1=$. It has new plugs and wires, tr55's, accell 30 ignition and msd blaster coil along with a new waterpump and vented opti. Where do I go about seeing it with live data? Who has it? New gasket everywhere, dont know what the fuel pressure is? It is definitally runing lean though. Does this car has an adjustable stock regulator?

first you said rich, now your saying lean...which is it? :confused:

fuel pressure is everything. and so is volume. if its not getting fuel, then its not going to run very well.

you need a good scan tool to read live data. but even live data from some good scan tools dont respond fast enough for us to see.

and when i was working at gm, we where sealing the vent's on the opti to keep moisture out.

I guess I should have read your sig, if it's a 93 good luck with the live data, I don't know anyone with a scan tool that will read a data stream on your car, but maybe these other guys know more about that.

Anyway you started your post saying it was rich and bogging, now it's lean? What the hell is this thing doing?

Guest Removed
I guess I should have read your sig, if it's a 93 good luck with the live data, I don't know anyone with a scan tool that will read a data stream on your car, but maybe these other guys know more about that.

Anyway you started your post saying it was rich and bogging, now it's lean? What the hell is this thing doing?

my old mt2500 would read data on it, and if i remember right so would the GM tech 2. ;)

Monro sucks, bastards won't even get me Alldata or Mitchell. Nothing like working with your hands tied. :doh: Just waiting for the right opportunity.

Go to the Mr. Tire side. More money and the equipment seems to be better.

Guest Removed
Monro sucks, bastards won't even get me Alldata or Mitchell. Nothing like working with your hands tied. :doh: Just waiting for the right opportunity.

they have mitchell..a nd had a OTC scan tool that was ok :confused:

which one are you stuck in?

Guest Removed
Sorry, its was getting late las night and the gf was bitching. It is RICH on fuel. Black smoke comes out when I get on it.

did it start out of the blue(like after the ecu upgrade or?) just been getting worse?

did it start out of the blue(like after the ecu upgrade or?) just been getting worse?

I just got it sunday and it has just stayed the same. No worse or better. I know the chip in it is for the current mods. pcmforless said something about the tps is adjustable? Could that have anything to do with it?

I just went and unpluged the tps sensor and nothing happened. It didnt change anything except the cel came on and after a bit it did start to run weird but not at first. Shouldnt it of happened right away when I unpluged it?