Ticket Dilemma

Guest Dru Walter

Guest Dru Walter

Yesterday, i received a ticket for what I would consider reckless driving, but the officer said he was citing me for "failure to signal". I routinely signed the citation and went on my way. However when I got home I looked at the ordinance number the cop wrote on my ticket and it didn't match, He had wrote down the code for "Failure to yield from a private drive". My court date is on August 8th.

My question is should contest the ticket? Or get a attorney? I have done some research about this and it looks like if i plead correctly I can get the entire offense removed.

Any advice?

You all fail, the guy can't see anything else and already has an intro thread.

Hi, My name is Drew or, Dru, and I drive a POS, 99 Saturn SL1. My parents bought it for me so i can't complain. It gets me places but not in enough stye not to mention quick enough.

I have joined CR to learn more about cars and eventually how to learn how to do virtually anything to it under the hood.

I have no pictures of my car beacuse I would just be embarrassing myself.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53336

so you did something that you thought equates to a reckless op yet the cop maybe gave you a break for failure to signal and you have a problem with that? :confused:

Yesterday, i received a ticket for what I would consider reckless driving, but the officer said he was citing me for "failure to signal". I routinely signed the citation and went on my way. However when I got home I looked at the ordinance number the cop wrote on my ticket and it didn't match, He had wrote down the code for "Failure to yield from a private drive". My court date is on August 8th.

My question is should contest the ticket? Or get a attorney? I have done some research about this and it looks like if i plead correctly I can get the entire offense removed.

Any advice?

You should get the best attorney you can. That ticket sounds serious. If you have to pay $500/hr + for a good attorney do it.

From first-hand experience I know the kind of insurance hikes you will experience on a 99 Saturn SL1 after a reckless op ticket. (I guess they consider them one of Saturn's "sports cars" so it really goes up!)

Good luck man.

Guest Dru Walter
Take the ticket and stop being a pussy. Why can't people just accept they did something wrong?

Because legally i didn't do what i got cited for. and i could get off the hook. and thats better than paying a fine

Because legally i didn't do what i got cited for. and i could get off the hook. and thats better than paying a fine

You're a little bitch. You fucked up and he's throwing you a bone. You're a worthless moron. When did they start giving such retards licenses?

I hate when people whine when they did something wrong. Take a little responsibility for your actions. Man up bitch.

My advice is to go and tell the judge what you actually did.