FS: BC 272 Cams for DSM

John Bruh

• 2 weeks later...
most the time cams are not a performance mod to a dsm till a turbo is ,unless your an evo. a 272/272 combo is going to give you a lopy idle and most the time a reflash or fuel controler is needed depeinding on the car. Just because you have a big cam you are not going to gain a huge amount of top end from the cam, you have to also even the power band out with a bigger turbo. with these cams you are going to lose alot of you bottom end now. if your trying to get cams because they sound cool or whatever id aleast save up for a turbo first if you wanted top end. I had the hks 272's in my dsm but I have all the supporting mods. I hope this vr4 is not stock and wanting cams.

Is it on the car now? or is this one of the " I am going to buy or do" type thing. glad your cams are sold mods should lock this up.

Thats the road I would go down, if I decided to modify the car heavily at all. This thing is probably going to stay fairly stock, minus something better to control the motor. (probably a Megasquirt since its cheap and something I am familiar with) The stock turbo has it's boost turned up a bit, thats all thats done to it at the moment.

I love cheap mods. Holsets are cheaper than dirt. I don't know much about choosing cams for vehicles, and was just asking. The power in the GVR4 falls off after 7000-ish.

I am really more interested in suspension stuff.

I love the vr4 prolly one of the best sleeper and fun cars for its time. not only is it rare , it can be one of the most sexy looking early 90's import car made. Since you are into auto cross id invest in a nice set of coilovers and all the arms needed for correcting camber and toe. the ruca and toe ect. engine wise the 4g63 hands down is prolly the tuffest 4 cly id keep the set up as simple. 16g turbos would be idea on the car , the spool up is almost stock and can make over 400hp (depending on mods) if you need any help with the car I still have an endless supply of parts for dsm's I also have a nice big thick skyline sidemount idea for sleeper cars and good for over 350hp id sell cheap.

16g

do your own porting on the exhaust manifold and 02 housing

port the turbo yourself

hard pipes and fmic or smic

used 660 injectors

keep it simple use an afc they can handle 660 and lower injectors

I have a used 2600 clutch id give you when i find it and just buy a new street disk for 90 bucks

get a new thermo, colder plugs, relocated the coilpack and wires so they are out of the heat

Then work out the suspension and you would have an awsome autox/ rally x car

all those mods are so cheap brand new 16g are were on sale at dsm parts for 450 bucks early this year, I would not even get cams till you decide to open the motor up and want to really rev the shit out of it with springs and retainers and new oem gasket and headstuds. then you can make all the power you want for years to come.

If your really on a budget port the fuck out of the 14b and exhaust parts, done right it can and will hold boost till redline, guy on columbus racing wwas running high 12's on the stock 14b and trapping 105+ its all in how you let the car breathe. If you buy the car bring the car over next sunday and we can do all the porting here, I have alot of tools from my old dsm's and have all brand new oem gaskets that I will never use anyways. you would be so surpized how much porting that restricted turbo and having a 3" exhaust will do for a turbo car.