Frame sliders

CRed05

I've been wanting to get some frame sliders for a while now but never actually got to it. So, I thought I'd ask on here if there are certain ones you guys/girls recommend. I'm looking for quality, strength, long lasting etc etc

Thanks

Long Lasting? I would never put sliders on anything, yes they'll help in a parking lot drop, but if you actually go down, and the bike slides off the road, it's gonna tumble end over end or rip the slider out of the frame. Either way it's a sure total.

Just make sure you get cut sliders.

if it falls and hits that puck imagine a free body diagram.

cut slider: force goes directly through the puck to the frame

no cuts: force goes directly through the puck, but its offset from the frame resulting in twisting or at most a complete break of the frame, depending on how knarly your crash was.

i've heard good reports from vortex and woodcraft. although i have heard of the vortex puck melting over the access bolt making it harder to get in and replace. i have had my vortex on for 3 years and they are still as white as the day i bought them.

Just make sure you get cut sliders.

if it falls and hits that puck imagine a free body diagram.

cut slider: force goes directly through the puck to the frame

no cuts: force goes directly through the puck, but its offset from the frame resulting in twisting or at most a complete break of the frame, depending on how knarly your crash was.

i've heard good reports from vortex and woodcraft. although i have heard of the vortex puck melting over the access bolt making it harder to get in and replace. i have had my vortex on for 3 years and they are still as white as the day i bought them.

Cool, thanks

Most frame sliders are designed to break on impact... If they didnt break, then you would have the tumble effect as Dweez said. The thought of that scares the shit out of me. You could go from a 50mph low side, to a tumble nose over tail. Id rather just fix one side.

I guess I would only put sliders on a 100% street bike. Thats just me tho. :dunno:

We bought out some MC Stuff overstock and have DMP Hollow Points @ the shop retail $59.95, OR price - $50.95.

Same price whether plastic black, white, or aluminum

Some you gotta cut your plastics, some no cut.

Made to fit 03/04 ZX636s, 03 - 05 R6s, CBR 600 RR (03/04 & 05/06), CBR1000RR (04/05), 99 - 07 Hayabusas.

Working in a salvage yard I see the benefits and detriments of using frame sliders. With the MFRs raising prices through the roof it doesn't take much to trash your bike. Frame sliders can be thought of kinda like cheap insurance - when they work properly in a parking lot experience, many times they'll be well worth the price, pushed beyond that your bike is probably totalled whether you had them or not.

My $.02

Long Lasting? I would never put sliders on anything, yes they'll help in a parking lot drop, but if you actually go down, and the bike slides off the road, it's gonna tumble end over end or rip the slider out of the frame. Either way it's a sure total.

I went down at 60+ on a turn, and my frame sliders saved my engine. bike slide on the side and chewed up the slider, engine side case was fine.

If I didnt have my sliders, it would have surly ate through the side of my case, probably bent my crank, and destroyed my engine.