AMC guys

Scotty2Hotty

I've got a warmed over set of 390 heads from a 69 AMX, but wanted something a little more. The valves are 2.02/1.60 at the moment, but I wanted to step up to the edelbrock performer RPM head which is still a 2.02/1.60 head with a 54CC chamber. I have contemplated some Indy heads, but would need to build atleast a 401+ci to slap the 2.25/1.81 valve heads on, not to mention have another cam ground for me. I'd like to stick with this 390, since I've got a few, wanted to know if I can go bigger on these stock 390 heads, or try the Edelbrocks out.

Scotty, why are thinking of the upgrade?

are your current heads have dog leg x/huast ports, or retangler x/ports?

the dog legs flow a bit better and they use 1/2 headbolts...

you can get a set of Iron heads to flow very nice, with out the extra cost of eldys. or Indy's..

wanting more< street car or Race type car?

need alittle more info on what you are looking to do..

Scotty, why are thinking of the upgrade?

are your current heads have dog leg x/huast ports, or retangler x/ports?

the dog legs flow a bit better and they use 1/2 headbolts...

you can get a set of Iron heads to flow very nice, with out the extra cost of eldys. or Indy's..

wanting more< street car or Race type car?

need alittle more info on what you are looking to do..

Race car with a little street driving. It's been a few years since the headers have been off, so I'll double check that this week. I notice the stock iron 390 heads are quite nice, I didn't know if I could stuff a larger valve on the head or not. I've got a few ideas swirling, but most all boil down to getting it running and down the 1320 next spring. Will post pics shortly.

Guest Removed
if you want more then those heads you'll need the indys. then heads you have have been low 9's easy.(with the right work) the edelchock head are they same heads but lighter.

Scotty, the POS currently is sporting a 430 AMC eng. with a set of Indy SR heads that flow 362 @ .700... the car weighs 3000 lbs. and i use a Jerico in it.. the current config. is all motor, and i have been a best et of 9.56 @ 141.

I have what i call a small motor. 406 c.i. that i have a set of 6291-c's that have been heavily worked, they flow 315ish @ .700, and that engine went a best of 10.14 in the POS last year..

Curently i am having another engine being built.. a All Aluminum Indy block with the Big heads, it will be 496 c.i. i plan on putting that engine in my Hornet hatchback, coupled with a Liberty 5 spd..

shoot me a pm if you like, and ill give you my # if you want to B.S. about AMC's. :)

Mike